Israeli Envoy Holds Ceasefire Talks in Egypt
An Israeli envoy has held talks with Egyptian officials Sunday on a ceasefire in his country's offensive on Gaza.
Upon arrival at Cairo's international airport, the Israeli official was whisked away and taken to talks with Egyptian authorities, Egyptian security officials have said, as cited by international media.
The officials have not identified the Israeli envoy.
On Sunday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned that Israeli forces were ready to expand their now five-day old military operation against the Palestinian enclave.
- » Ansbach Attacker 'Feared Deportation to Bulgaria'
- » Russia, Turkey Reach ‘Political Decision’ on Gas Pipeline, NPP Projects
- » New Tax Hikes Force Rise in Relocation of Greek Firms to Bulgaria
- » Migration-Wary Bulgaria, Greece Agree to Hold Joint Special Forces Exercise at Border
- » Islamic State Group Claims Responsibility for Normandy Church Attack
- » Quarter of a Million Migrants Arrive by Sea in Europe so far in 2016