Israel Permits Humanitarian Aid into Gaza
Israel has allowed the resumption of supply of goods and humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip.
The renewed supply has been carried out through the sole cargo terminal at the joint border closed since the Israeli military launched an offensive against Palestinian militants, army officials said Sunday, according to RIA Novosti.
About 70 of 120 trucks loaded with medicines, food supplies, household gas and basic necessities have already passed through the Kerem Shalom border crossing into Gaza.
"This is a complex and dangerous operation because the entire border crossing area is subjected to rocket and mortar fire. We are carrying out this operation in coordination with the Palestinian [national] administration and various international institutions," Israeli Defence Ministry spokesman Guy Inbar has said.
- » Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison
- » Catalonia's Leaders Fight off Direct Rule From Madrid
- » China Says Needs to Create Jobs For 15 million People Every Year
- » U.S.-Backed Militias Seize Key Oil Field in East Syria
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt