Ambassador in Sofia: Israel Must Protect Its Citizens
Israel will be relentless in Gaza attacks until Hamas continue with theirs, Israeli Ambassador to Sofia Shaul Kamisa-Raz said Saturday.
In an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, the diplomat firmly denied reports operation Pillar of Defense had been launched because of the upcoming election in his country in 2013 or to prevent Palestine's attempt to become full-pledged UN member.
Kamisa-Raz stressed Israel's actions were never motivated by "such street events," but only by the responsibilities of the State towards its citizens and their protection.
Meanwhile, Ahmed al Madbuh, Ambassador of the Palestine Authority to Bulgaria, stated that operation Pillar of Defense was doomed to failure, and confirmed it was tied with both the election and Palestine's UN initiative.
Madbuh noted Israel has the opportunity to achieve lasting and balanced solution for the Middle East conflict by signing on November 29 the Palestinian draft resolution. He explained that the world now faces the challenge to prove they want peace and are sincere in the stated desire to see the Middle East conflict resolved.
Meanwhile, tensions and violence between Israel and Hamas which started Wednesday, when Israel killed Hamas's military chief, Ahmed Jabari, are escalating with both sides firing rockets at each other.
- » Obama Congratulates Borisov on Re-election as PM
- » Irina Bokova Is Likely Nominee For UN Head – French Media
- » Bulgaria Concerned over Escalating Jerusalem Tensions
- » Presidents of Bulgaria, Poland Back EU Energy Union
- » Bulgaria Condemns Jerusalem Synagogue Attack
- » Turkey's Ambassador Suleyman Gokce Criticises Plans For Fence Along Border