Modest FDI Increase Registered in Bulgaria in Sept Y/Y
Direct investments in Bulgaria for the January – September 2012 period amounted to EUR 971.8 M, compared to EUR 711.9 for the same period in 2011.
Despite the annual increase, September 2012 had been critical when it came to direct foreign investments with an exodus of EUR 167 M attributed to payments of debts to parent companies, the Bulgarian "Sega" (Now) daily writes.
EUR 88 M have been invested in real estate both for finished and planned properties. Reinvested profit in September was EUR 7 M and there weren't any revenues from privatization.
The largest foreign investments came from the Netherlands (EUR 611.3 M), Russia (139.9 M) and Switzerland (EUR101.1 M).
The largest decrease in direct foreign investments was registered for Germany (- EUR 249.2 M) and Greece (- EUR 67.8 M).
- » IMF, EU Eager to Lend to Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Parliament Passes State Budget 2014
- » Parliamentary Control Canceled over Bulgaria's Budget 2014
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Ups Security Agency Budget to BGN 112 M
- » Bulgaria's MPs Approve Budget 2014 Framework, Hope to Boost Growth
- » Bulgarian Parliament Approves Threefold Decrease of Gambling Tax