Egypt PM Arrives for Gaza Mission
Egypt's prime minister has arrived in Gaza to show support to Palestinians, after Israel struck at more than 130 targets overnight, while militants fired 11 rockets from Gaza.
Hisham Qandil will be in the territory for three hours, and reports say he may try to broker a ceasefire.
Israel says it will suspend fire during the visit if militants stop attacks.
At least 18 Palestinians and three Israelis have been killed since Israel began its offensive on Wednesday.
Militants and civilians, including at least five children, are among the Palestinian dead, Palestinian officials say. Two Israeli women and man died when a rocket fired from Gaza hit a building in the southern town of Kiryat Malachi on Thursday, Israeli officials said.
Israel killed a Palestinian military leader on Wednesday, sparking intense violence and rumors of an invasion.
Explosions continued in Gaza throughout the night, with huge blasts rocking Gaza City as dawn broke on Friday.
- » Italy Rescues Over 4,200 Migrants in Mediterranean in 24 Hours
- » Serbia, Albania to Build EUR 1 B Nis-Durres Motorway
- » US Officially Takes Cuba Off State-Sponsored Terrorism List
- » Russia Issues Travel Ban on 89 EU Politicians
- » EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to Visit Macedonia Tuesday
- » False Bomb Threat Fails to Disrupt FIFA Congress