Israel Launches Air Stirkes over Gaza, Mobilizes Reserve
Israeli jets have carried out a string of air strikes on at least 20 sites in the Gaza strip Thursday night.
Israeli Minister of Defense Ehud Barak is reported to have sent letters of mobilization to 30,000 persons from Israel's military reserve Thursday.
Heavy armed technique is being moved towards the border with Gaza, in what some believe are preparations for a land incursion.
Wednesday Israel opened massive rocket fire on the Gaza strip, causing widespread destruction and the deaths of at least 15 Palestinians.
Hamas has retaliated, sending rockets onto Israeli territory, and killing at least 3.
"We are in a process of expanding the campaign," informed Israeli Gen Yoav Morechai.
Meanwhile, Egypt has strongly objected to the Israeli operation, with PM Hesham Qandil set to visit Gaza.
- » Serbia Prevents Attempt to Smuggle Migrants to Hungary, Budapest Reinforcing Border Fence
- » Over 10 000 Rescued from Drowning in Mediterranean Sea in Past Week
- » Bulgarian PM: Migrants Have Not Breached Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria Deploys Army to Border with Greece After Two Migrant Groups Detained
- » Macedonia's President Partially Revokes Amnesty in Wiretapping Affair
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Reports Slight Increase in Migrant Pressure on Border with Turkey