Israel Launches Air Stirkes over Gaza, Mobilizes Reserve
Israeli jets have carried out a string of air strikes on at least 20 sites in the Gaza strip Thursday night.
Israeli Minister of Defense Ehud Barak is reported to have sent letters of mobilization to 30,000 persons from Israel's military reserve Thursday.
Heavy armed technique is being moved towards the border with Gaza, in what some believe are preparations for a land incursion.
Wednesday Israel opened massive rocket fire on the Gaza strip, causing widespread destruction and the deaths of at least 15 Palestinians.
Hamas has retaliated, sending rockets onto Israeli territory, and killing at least 3.
"We are in a process of expanding the campaign," informed Israeli Gen Yoav Morechai.
Meanwhile, Egypt has strongly objected to the Israeli operation, with PM Hesham Qandil set to visit Gaza.
- » More Migrant Deaths Feared as Europe Winds Down Mediterranean Mission
- » Victor Ponta Set to Win First Round of Romanian Presidential Race
- » Germany Introduces Road Toll of up to EUR 130 for Foreign Drivers
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State