Bulgarian Police Swiftly Retrieve Abducted Toddler
Police in central Bulgaria have managed to rescue an abducted 2-year-old kid within an hour after it was taken away from the village of Anton near Pirdop.
The signal for the abducted little girl was received Thursday afternoon in Pirdop, with the mother reporting that the uncle, together with four more persons forcefully took her child away.
Police officers reacted immediately, together with colleagues from Karlovo, Panagyurishte and Elin Pelin.
They quickly managed to intercept the group in Panagyurishte, upon which it turned out that the uncle had a previous crime records of theft and hooligan behavior.
The group of five have been detained and investigations are under way.
- » France Files Charges Against Terror Suspect Extradited from Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's DANS, Europol Bust Suspected People Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Drops Charges Against Former Interior Minister
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Office Accused of Taking Bribe
- » French Terror Suspect to Be Extradited from Bulgaria Thursday
- » Chief of Bulgaria's Largest Customs Agency Unit Detained in Special Operation