Bulgarian Police Swiftly Retrieve Abducted Toddler
Police in central Bulgaria have managed to rescue an abducted 2-year-old kid within an hour after it was taken away from the village of Anton near Pirdop.
The signal for the abducted little girl was received Thursday afternoon in Pirdop, with the mother reporting that the uncle, together with four more persons forcefully took her child away.
Police officers reacted immediately, together with colleagues from Karlovo, Panagyurishte and Elin Pelin.
They quickly managed to intercept the group in Panagyurishte, upon which it turned out that the uncle had a previous crime records of theft and hooligan behavior.
The group of five have been detained and investigations are under way.
- » Police in Italy Seize 400kg of Marijuana from Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 46 People Suspected of Human Smuggling
- » “I would hate to see someone else in my situation,” Len Homeniuk tells Globe and Mail
- » Bulgaria to Extradite Suspect in Migrant Truck Deaths to Austria
- » Sofia Court Relaunches Money Laundering Case against Alleged Drug Lord Evelin Banev
- » Trial against Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord to Continue in Sofia