Commissioner Oettinger: South Stream Is 'Interesting'
The European Commission will have a "constructive attitude" towards Russia-sponsored South Stream gas pipeline project, stated EU Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger.
"When the pipeline reaches the territory of the EU, it will have to comply with EU energy regulations," said Oettinger in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio Thursday.
"South Stream is a very interesting project, which the European Commission is ready to address constructively," explained the commissioner.
He added that the EC still does not have many details regarding the project, including routes, capacities and final destination of the pipes.
"What is more, whe still do not know whether it will be asked that South Stream be expempted from the EU's Third Energy Package on unbundling of ownership," added Oettinger.
He said that should such an exemption be requested, the EC is ready to negotiate and to be both strict and just.
The EU Energy Commissioner said the stage is too early to assess the project and its impacts further in detail.
- » Bulgarian Employers, Trade Unions to Protest Planned Power Price Hike
- » EU Commissioner for Energy Union Maros Sefcovic to Visit Bulgaria on September 15
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister, Slovakia’s Economy Minister Discuss Eastring
- » Energy Watchdog to Announce New Electricity Prices on July 31
- » Bulgarian Parliament Committee Moves to Address Deficits at Power Company NEK
- » Bulgarian Industrial Association Seeks Discount for Companies Consuming over 5GWh per year
Hey Commissioner Oettinger!
Remember Bulgarian Ground Water flows upward to your sinks and kitchens in Europe that contain Bulgarian Organic Soil Waste that can become usable as GAS.
Now let us define what is sustainable and what is European ignorance without love causing CLIMATE CHANGES that one day will grow coconuts in Paris.i
It would be very nice if the European Commissioner and the South Stream Project defines the environmental issues that must be addressed, especially in Bulgaria.
It would be nice to know the effects on renewable energy and its efficiencies that leads to an environmental sustainable project.
Think how garbage and organic materials littering the soil of Bulgaria and now, South Stream sounds like one big hurricane that will blow all our gases away.