Residents Want Bulgarian Ghost Village Revived
Former residents of a Bulgarian village officially declared non-existent in back in 1963 have filed a petition for the village to be brought back into the country's records.
The 71 citizens declared their intention to reside in Dobrovan, a former village near the town of Pomorie, outside of Burgas on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
Dobrovan is located in the skirts of the eastern Stara Planina mountain range, close to the current Kozichevo village.
It boasts interesting rock formations dubbed the Dobrovan Mushrooms, as well as a spectacular view of the Black Sea coastline.
Pomorie mayor Ivan Aleksiev has confirmed that he will give a go-ahead of the restoration procedure as soon as possible.
- » Serbian Court Places Tsvetan Vasilev Under Recognizance Order
- » Fresh Threats Directed at KTB's Vasilev, His Lawyer Says
- » Two Million Bulgarians Complain of Excessive Noise Exposure
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » Bulgaria's Capital Celebrates St. Sofia Day
- » Tsvetan Vasilev Has Sought Contact with Authorities in Belgrade