Residents Want Bulgarian Ghost Village Revived
Former residents of a Bulgarian village officially declared non-existent in back in 1963 have filed a petition for the village to be brought back into the country's records.
The 71 citizens declared their intention to reside in Dobrovan, a former village near the town of Pomorie, outside of Burgas on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
Dobrovan is located in the skirts of the eastern Stara Planina mountain range, close to the current Kozichevo village.
It boasts interesting rock formations dubbed the Dobrovan Mushrooms, as well as a spectacular view of the Black Sea coastline.
Pomorie mayor Ivan Aleksiev has confirmed that he will give a go-ahead of the restoration procedure as soon as possible.
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » Youth Unemployment in Bulgaria Drops to 17.7% in 2014
- » Bulgarian Air Force Pilatus PC-12 Safely Lands on Belly, No Injuries Reported