Residents Want Bulgarian Ghost Village Revived
Former residents of a Bulgarian village officially declared non-existent in back in 1963 have filed a petition for the village to be brought back into the country's records.
The 71 citizens declared their intention to reside in Dobrovan, a former village near the town of Pomorie, outside of Burgas on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
Dobrovan is located in the skirts of the eastern Stara Planina mountain range, close to the current Kozichevo village.
It boasts interesting rock formations dubbed the Dobrovan Mushrooms, as well as a spectacular view of the Black Sea coastline.
Pomorie mayor Ivan Aleksiev has confirmed that he will give a go-ahead of the restoration procedure as soon as possible.
- » 5 Districts Protest Over the Poisonous Air in Sofia
- » NIMH: Maximum Temperatures Between 1°C and 6°C
- » Thousands Evacuated due to the Third Most Devastating Fire in California since 1932
- » More than Half of Britons Want to Stay in the EU
- » Sunday Brings Cold, Rain and Snow Across the Country
- » Tropical Storm Brings Flooding to Philippines