Sofia Plans to Offer Free Metro Parking
The Sofia City Hall is making plans to offer free parking at the so-called buffer lots i.e. those adjacent to subway stations.
The goal is to encourage people to park there and use the subway in order to alleviate traffic and reduce pollution.
The Mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova, has asked experts to work on several options such as free parking, a combined fare card for both parking and metro rides, and differentiated prices for using the parking lots during the day and at night. The proposals will be presented to the City Hall Transport Committee within two weeks.
On Wednesday, the Mayor opened the third metro underground parking garage at the James Bouchier station. The garage will be open for customers in December. It has 620 parking spots. The other underground garages are at the Tsarigradsko Shosse station – 1 280 spots and at the Lomsko Shosse one – 480, bringing the total to 2 380.
- » Foreign Ministers of Serbia, Hungary Cite South Stream as Project of Mutual Interest
- » Bulgaria’s Advance Properties Acquires 100% Stake in Pharmaceutical Co Huvepharma
- » President Plevneliev Invites Polish Businesses to Invest in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria C-Bank Governor 'Likely to Resign end-November'
- » Bulgaria Plans to Reintroduce 10% Bank Deposit Interest Tax
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Expects 4-5% Growth This Winter