Sofia Plans to Offer Free Metro Parking
The Sofia City Hall is making plans to offer free parking at the so-called buffer lots i.e. those adjacent to subway stations.
The goal is to encourage people to park there and use the subway in order to alleviate traffic and reduce pollution.
The Mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova, has asked experts to work on several options such as free parking, a combined fare card for both parking and metro rides, and differentiated prices for using the parking lots during the day and at night. The proposals will be presented to the City Hall Transport Committee within two weeks.
On Wednesday, the Mayor opened the third metro underground parking garage at the James Bouchier station. The garage will be open for customers in December. It has 620 parking spots. The other underground garages are at the Tsarigradsko Shosse station – 1 280 spots and at the Lomsko Shosse one – 480, bringing the total to 2 380.
- » Half Million Bulgarians Drive Volkswagen Cars
- » Westinghouse CEO Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians Spent BGN 200M on Property in June - Brokers
- » Lawmakers to Discuss Bulgaria's State Budget, Health Expenditures
- » EC Initiates Gas Supply Talks between Oettinger, Novak
- » Bulgaria to Promote Jams, Canned Vegetables in Russia, UAE