Sofia Airport Serviced 300 000 Passengers in Oct 2012
In October 2012, Sofia Airport serviced a total of 285 216 arrival and departure passengers, up by 1400 from the same month of 2011, according to the airport's press office.
The highest increases in transported passengers were registered by airliners NIKI (Air Berlin), Austrian Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Olympic Air, Air France, Aeroflot, and Bulgaria Air.
A total of 16 344 passengers traveled to domestic destinations, up by 34% from the total of 12 174 passengers in October 2011, when there were no flights to Varna Airport due to repair works.
In October 2012, the number of passengers who traveled to international destinations remained unchanged from October 2011, at 262 424.
In October 2012, a total of 5226 tourists flew on charter flights, down by around 1500 from October 2011.
In October 2012, cargo flights increased by 10% year on year, while domestic flights went up by 29%.
In October 2012, the total number of airplanes which departed and landed at Sofia Airport decreased to 3817 from 4073 in the same month of 2011.
International scheduled flights and seasonal tourist charter flights registered decreases.
In October 2012, Sofia Airport processed 1507 tonnes of cargo and postal shipments, up by 1% on the year.
In October 2012, air shipments carried on specialized cargo aircraft increased by 20% from October 2011.
- » Bulgaria's National Tourism Council Demands Separate Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Among Lonely Planet's Best Travel Destinations 2015
- » Bulgaria's Varna Registers Higher Revenues, Fewer Tourists in Summer 2014
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Sees Growth in Revenue, Number of Visits in 2014
- » Bulgaria's St. Anastasia Island Attracts Over 45,000 Tourists in Summer Months
- » Number Of Tourists In Bulgaria Drops