Baby in Bulgaria....
(the letter below was provoked by Novinite.com daily commentary, entitled 'I Just Want to Have a Baby in Bulgaria' and dealing with the financial difficulties in raising a kid here)
There seems to be a downsizing of European populations especially of Eastern Europeans. This is one of "globalization" contributions to modern society. Of course the former Soviet and "block" nations are suffering from this. Bulgaria has a problem.
Though look at Russia...the largest land mass of any sovereign nation, their population is only somewhat larger than that of Japans'. They have been dwindling since WWI and WWII, let alone the atrocities of the communist regime which decimated your nation and Russia.
Ukraine had a population of 50 million. Over the past twenty years they are now at 45 million.
With many people emigrating away from your country and others "for a better life"....If everyone attempted to organize the situations in their nations instead of finding "the greener grass" elsewhere the problems would slowly loose their status of problems....
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo
- » My Fellow Traveler: I am Sorry but I Do Not Want You Here!
- » Kabile: When One Is Curious
- » There Are Those That Leave and Then There Are Those Who Return
- » St Parascheva in Romania's Iasi: a Miracle Worker in Life and Death
- » Bulgaria's Rupite: A Trip to the Former Residence of Clairvoyant Vanga