Bulgaria to Face Ukraine in Football Friendly
Bulgaria's national football team is to face Ukraine on Wednesday in its last friendly game for 2012.
The game will start at 6:00 pm EET in Sofia.
The Bulgarians had an impressive start to their World Cup qualifying campaign, holding Italy to a 2:2 draw and defeating Armenia 1:0 in September in Sofia. The Balkan underdogs then proceeded to hold Denmark and the Czech Republic to two consecutive draws in October.
Ukraine are second from bottom in 2014 World Cup qualifying Group H with two points from three games.
The strong Ukrainian side will be without three of its key players in Sofia. Yevhen Konoplyanka, Oleg Husyev and Andriy Yarmolenko will miss the game due to injuries.
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis