Inversion Brings Temperature Records to Bulgarian Mountains
Late fall temperature inversions in Bulgaria have made for a warm Tuesday on the country's mountaintops.
Three positive temperature records were marked by Bulgaria's national weather service for the day, all on mountain locations.
These include the Botev Peak in the Stara Planina range (2376 m.) with 11.3 degrees Centigrade, Cherni Vrah in Vitosha near Sofia (2290 m.) with 12.8 C, and Rozhen in the Rhodope Mountains with 18.3 C.
Although higher temperatures were recorded at other locations in Bulgaria during the day, the air was warmest on peaks early Tuesday morning.
Bulgaria's National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology forecasts cloudy weather and light precipitation Wednesday, with lows in the range 1-7 C and highs around 7-12 C.
- » Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
- » A Volcano Erupted in Japan
- » CNN: More than 95% of World's Population Breathing Unhealthy Air
- » Sunny Weather Тоday in Bulgaria, Possible Rain Mostly in the Mountain Regions
- » Two killed, more than 20 Injured in an Earthquake in Indonesia
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C