Inversion Brings Temperature Records to Bulgarian Mountains
Late fall temperature inversions in Bulgaria have made for a warm Tuesday on the country's mountaintops.
Three positive temperature records were marked by Bulgaria's national weather service for the day, all on mountain locations.
These include the Botev Peak in the Stara Planina range (2376 m.) with 11.3 degrees Centigrade, Cherni Vrah in Vitosha near Sofia (2290 m.) with 12.8 C, and Rozhen in the Rhodope Mountains with 18.3 C.
Although higher temperatures were recorded at other locations in Bulgaria during the day, the air was warmest on peaks early Tuesday morning.
Bulgaria's National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology forecasts cloudy weather and light precipitation Wednesday, with lows in the range 1-7 C and highs around 7-12 C.
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped
- » Antarctica: Preparation For 26th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition Started
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind in 12 Regions In Bulgaria
- » The Temperatures Go Up
- » Today We Celebrate The World Earth Day