Bulgaria's Top Referee Gets Champions League Appointment
Stanislav Todorov, widely considered the best Bulgarian referee at the moment, is among the appointments for the last round of 2012/13 UEFA Champions League group stage, it emerged on Tuesday.
The matchdays are due on 4–5 December 2012.
'UEFA officials already know which match Todorov will be appointed to, but this is considered confidential information. It will be officially announced at a later stage," the association of Bulgarian referees announced.
The news comes a week after Todorov was appointed referee in a Group B Europa League clash, when Viktoria (Plzen) hammered Hapoel (Tel Aviv) 4:0.
Todorov was elected chief referee in the derby between the arch-rivals CSKA and Levski (1:0) in October and received very good marks for his performance. After the withdrawal of Anton Genov, he has put a firm stamp on the top spot in the ranking of Bulgarian referees.
The last time a Bulgarian referee got an appointment in a Champions League match was in 2000 - Atanas Uzunov.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Proceeds to 3rd Round of Toronto Masters
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics