Re-Elected Obama Eager to Visit Russia
Recently re-elected US President Barack Obama has accepted an invitiation by Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to visit Russia in the near future.
Tuesday the Russian president's office spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said that Putin called Obama to congratulate him on his re-election and wish him success during his second term in office.
"The two presidents confirmed their committment to a progressive develompent of bilateral relations in all areas, including trade and the economy," said Peskov.
The Kremlin spokesman said that the US President has thanked Putin for the call and promised to visit Russia, as soon as the appointments have been made via diplomatic channels.
- » Russia Forced to Pay USD 50 B to Former Yukos Owners
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus
- » Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza
- » Israel Resumes Gaza Offensive after Hamas Rocket Attacks
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry Slams New EU Sanctions