Re-Elected Obama Eager to Visit Russia
Recently re-elected US President Barack Obama has accepted an invitiation by Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to visit Russia in the near future.
Tuesday the Russian president's office spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said that Putin called Obama to congratulate him on his re-election and wish him success during his second term in office.
"The two presidents confirmed their committment to a progressive develompent of bilateral relations in all areas, including trade and the economy," said Peskov.
The Kremlin spokesman said that the US President has thanked Putin for the call and promised to visit Russia, as soon as the appointments have been made via diplomatic channels.
- » Donetsk People's Republic Withdraws Heavy Weapons
- » EU Invites Russia, Ukraine for Talks over Gas Supply Dispute
- » Greece Suspends Top Football League for One Week over Violence
- » Macedonia Journalists Wiretapped En Masse, Opposition Leader Says
- » Taliban Bombing on Turkish Embassy Car in Kabul Kills At Least One Person
- » Ukraine’s C-Bank Curbs Foreign Currency Buying to Stem Hryvnia’s Decline