US 'Anticipates' Bulgarian Interior Minister Visit
The United States Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has sent a letter to Bulgarian Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, to thank him for his personal dedication for the deepening cooperation between the two countries.
Napolitano visited Sofia a month ago. During her stay, Bulgaria and the United States signed an agreement on boosting cooperation in preventing serious crime.
In the latest letter, the Homeland Security Secretary gives high marks for having the opportunity while in Sofia to learn more about Bulgarian border security and the country's effort to counter international terrorism.
Napolitano notes her institution and Bulgaria's Interior Ministry work extremely well together, particularly in the area of cybercrime.
She concludes the letter by saying she anticipated meeting Tsvetanov in Washington DC in November.
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » President of the House of Representatives of Greece: 'Greece will be Side by Side with Bulgaria During the Presidency of the Council of the EU'
- » Bulgarian PM: 'EU Agreement with Turkey Must be Preserved'
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Sweden's Top Diplomat Complained of Sexual Harassment