Meager Turnout Mars Bulgarian Police Brutality Protest
Only about a dozen protesters showed up at what was supposed to be a merger protest rally against police brutality in Bulgaria's capital Sofia Sunday night.
The handful of protesters for the rally for which some 2 000 had signed up on Facebook were guarded by 5 police patrols.
The anti-police brutality rally was supposed to be a follow-up of the Anonymous protest organized in Sofia earlier this week, which surprisingly attracted several thousand protesters shouting government slogans and hurling pavestones at the Bulgarian Parliament building.
Sunday's failed rally especially intended to protest the arrest of a youngster at the Anonymous rally for allegedly breaking a window of the Parliament building on November 5.
According to the social media organizers of the rally, the protester in question was arrested unlawfully, and that we was arrested for protesting, while somebody else broke the Parliament's window.
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Thousands Protest in Paris Against the Labor Reform of Macron
- » The Mountain Service Saved a Man in the Troyan Balkan
- » After the Earthquakes in Mexico, a Volcano Erupted
- » Acid Attack in London, Six People have Suffered
- » NIMH: Cold Weather with Temperatures of up to 18-23°, in Sofia Around 18°
- » Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria