Number of Bulgarian Students in UK Surpasses 5000
More than 5 000 Bulgarians are already enrolled in higher education institutions as of the fall of 2012, according to data of the British Council.
The number of Bulgarian students in the UK grew by 1 800 in 2012, the head of the British Council in Sofia Lyubov Kostova revealed Sunday, as cited by BGNES.
The British Council in the Bulgarian capital has organized the second edition of its British Education expo presenting 16 universities in the UK.
"Education in Britain is traditional and understandable for Bulgarians, and enjoys great interest among young Bulgarians and their parents," Kostova is quoted as saying.
She noted that the tuition fees in most British schools range between GBP 3 000 and GBP 9 000, with favorable student loan packages available.
- » Minister Foresees Likely Rise in Salaries of Bulgarian Teachers in Autumn
- » World Bank Supported IT Hackathon to Take Place in Sofia
- » School Teachers in Bulgaria Decreased by 70 % in Past Fifteen Years
- » Bulgarian Parliament Begins Debate on Vocational Elements in Education
- » Minister Pledges New Education Act, Substantial Increase in Teacher Salaries
- » Bulgarian Academy of Sciences to Receive EUR 237 M for Research for 5 Years