Bulgaria Eyes Construction Projects in Qatar
Bulgarian companies are willing to take part in construction projects in Qatar, it was made clear during Bulgarian Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova's visit to the country.
HE Sheikh Abdul Rahman bin Khalifa Al Thani, Qatar's Minister of Municipality and Urban Planning, has assured Pavlova that Bulgarian companies will have full access to information regarding the country's construction projects.
The Bulgarian official was acquainted with Qatar's national development plan for 2032. She was also acquainted with Doha's development plan for 2022, when the country will host the football World Cup.
Pavlova and a Bulgarian business delegation met with representatives of the state-owned real estate company Qatari Diar.
During his visit in Sofia in May, Qatari PM Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani made it clear Qatar has interest in investing in Bulgaria's tourism, agriculture, health care, and real estate properties.
Qatar has already pledged support for the construction of Bulgaria's north-south highway between the Danube city of Ruse bordering Romania and the southeastern town of Svilengrad on the border with Turkey and Greece.
- » Audit Finds BGN 4.2 B Impairment Costs on KTB Balance Sheet, Bulgaria C. Bank Says
- » Westinghouse Picks М3 Communications for Its PR Agency in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Romania Agree to Build 2 More Bridges over Danube River
- » Bulgaria's National Tourism Council Demands Separate Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Among Lonely Planet's Best Travel Destinations 2015
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Sign Memorandum To Build Two New Bridges Over Danube