Bulgaria Eyes Construction Projects in Qatar
Bulgarian companies are willing to take part in construction projects in Qatar, it was made clear during Bulgarian Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova's visit to the country.
HE Sheikh Abdul Rahman bin Khalifa Al Thani, Qatar's Minister of Municipality and Urban Planning, has assured Pavlova that Bulgarian companies will have full access to information regarding the country's construction projects.
The Bulgarian official was acquainted with Qatar's national development plan for 2032. She was also acquainted with Doha's development plan for 2022, when the country will host the football World Cup.
Pavlova and a Bulgarian business delegation met with representatives of the state-owned real estate company Qatari Diar.
During his visit in Sofia in May, Qatari PM Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani made it clear Qatar has interest in investing in Bulgaria's tourism, agriculture, health care, and real estate properties.
Qatar has already pledged support for the construction of Bulgaria's north-south highway between the Danube city of Ruse bordering Romania and the southeastern town of Svilengrad on the border with Turkey and Greece.
- » Online Store to Appeal Fine Imposed by Bulgaria's Competition Regulator
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Fines Online Store Owner
- » Arrivals of Foreign Visitors to Bulgaria Up in April
- » Bulgaria's Ex-President Backs Russian Pipeline via Country
- » Bulgaria's Fibank Repays BGN 1.2 B State Aid
- » EU Commission Backs Construction of Bulgaria's "Balkan" Gas Hub