It's Official: Obama Wins Florida
US President Barack Obama has narrowly defeated GOP challenger Mitt Romney in Florida, official results have shown.
Obama has defeated his Republican rival 50 percent to 49.1 percent, a difference of about 74,000 votes. Had the margin been within half a percentage point, it would have triggered a computer recount.
As a result, Obama garners the state's 29 electoral votes, for a national total of 332 votes to Romney's 206.
Regardless of the outcome, Obama had already clinched re-election.
Florida has now gone Democratic in two straight elections for the first time since 1944 and 1948, The Washington Post has observed.
- » Turkey Waives Visas for EU Citizens, Awaits Visa-Free Travel Decision for Its Nationals
- » Merkel 'Proposed NATO Membership to Japan'
- » Die Welt: Six EU States Urge Extension of Schengen Internal Border Controls
- » Roaming Charges in EU Fall as of Saturday
- » Helicopter with Thirteen People on Board Crashes off Norway
- » Austria Adopts New Tougher Asylum Law