It's Official: Obama Wins Florida
US President Barack Obama has narrowly defeated GOP challenger Mitt Romney in Florida, official results have shown.
Obama has defeated his Republican rival 50 percent to 49.1 percent, a difference of about 74,000 votes. Had the margin been within half a percentage point, it would have triggered a computer recount.
As a result, Obama garners the state's 29 electoral votes, for a national total of 332 votes to Romney's 206.
Regardless of the outcome, Obama had already clinched re-election.
Florida has now gone Democratic in two straight elections for the first time since 1944 and 1948, The Washington Post has observed.
- » NATO to Strengthen Baltic Region Defense with Air, Naval Forces
- » Dozens of States Sign Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty at UN
- » Trump Threatens To ‘Totally Destroy’ North Korea
- » EU Strengthens its Syria Crisis Response Through Additional Funding to UNICEF
- » New Мeasures to Scale up EU Cybersecurity
- » Authorities Evacuated Liverpool Street Underground Station in London