It's Official: Obama Wins Florida
US President Barack Obama has narrowly defeated GOP challenger Mitt Romney in Florida, official results have shown.
Obama has defeated his Republican rival 50 percent to 49.1 percent, a difference of about 74,000 votes. Had the margin been within half a percentage point, it would have triggered a computer recount.
As a result, Obama garners the state's 29 electoral votes, for a national total of 332 votes to Romney's 206.
Regardless of the outcome, Obama had already clinched re-election.
Florida has now gone Democratic in two straight elections for the first time since 1944 and 1948, The Washington Post has observed.
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years
- » EU Parliament Approves Union's Budget for 2015
- » Bulgarian, British PMs to Meet During EU Council Summit
- » Greek Parliament Fails to Elect President in First Round