Strong Quake Jolts Myanmar, at Least 6 Feared Dead
A powerful 6.6 magnitude earthquake shook earthquake struck northern Myanmar on Sunday, killing at least six people, according to local media.
A bridge has collapsed and several old Buddhist pagodas have been damaged, reports also say.
The magnitude of the earthquake was 6.6 with a depth of just 10 kilometers (6 miles), according to the US Geological Survey.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or major damage in Myanmar's second-largest city, Mandalay, which is about 117 kilometers (72 miles) south of the epicenter and the region's only major population center.
- » Putin Warns Russians Internet Is 'CIA Project'
- » Kosovo Extends EULEX Mission, Creates War Crimes Court
- » Serbian Parliament 'Complete', Govt to Be Announced Saturday
- » Deaths Reported in Ukraine's Slaviansk Operation
- » No Breakthrough in US-Japan Trade Deal
- » Afghan Hospital Guard Kills 3 American Medics