Strong Quake Jolts Myanmar, at Least 6 Feared Dead
A powerful 6.6 magnitude earthquake shook earthquake struck northern Myanmar on Sunday, killing at least six people, according to local media.
A bridge has collapsed and several old Buddhist pagodas have been damaged, reports also say.
The magnitude of the earthquake was 6.6 with a depth of just 10 kilometers (6 miles), according to the US Geological Survey.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or major damage in Myanmar's second-largest city, Mandalay, which is about 117 kilometers (72 miles) south of the epicenter and the region's only major population center.
- » China Banned Justin Bieber
- » Senate Republicans Race Toward Vote to Roll Back Obamacare
- » Two People Died During Riots in Venezuela
- » Broken Coffee Machine was the Reason for Emergency Landing of an Airplane
- » Riots Broke out after a Drug Boss was Killed in Mexico City
- » Israeli Police Ban Muslim Men Aged Under 50 From Friday Prayers in Jerusalem