Strong Quake Jolts Myanmar, at Least 6 Feared Dead
A powerful 6.6 magnitude earthquake shook earthquake struck northern Myanmar on Sunday, killing at least six people, according to local media.
A bridge has collapsed and several old Buddhist pagodas have been damaged, reports also say.
The magnitude of the earthquake was 6.6 with a depth of just 10 kilometers (6 miles), according to the US Geological Survey.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or major damage in Myanmar's second-largest city, Mandalay, which is about 117 kilometers (72 miles) south of the epicenter and the region's only major population center.
- » Russia 'Piling Up Troops, Equipment at Ukraine Border'
- » Major FIFA Sponsors Warn of Withdrawal
- » EU Commission Unveils Migrant Relocation & Resettlement Plan
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zaev Expects Crisis Will Be Over by End-June
- » Russian Official Declares Mistral Deal Dead
- » British Queen Announces EU Referendum to Be Held Before End of 2017