Strong Quake Jolts Myanmar, at Least 6 Feared Dead
A powerful 6.6 magnitude earthquake shook earthquake struck northern Myanmar on Sunday, killing at least six people, according to local media.
A bridge has collapsed and several old Buddhist pagodas have been damaged, reports also say.
The magnitude of the earthquake was 6.6 with a depth of just 10 kilometers (6 miles), according to the US Geological Survey.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or major damage in Myanmar's second-largest city, Mandalay, which is about 117 kilometers (72 miles) south of the epicenter and the region's only major population center.
- » Pope Apologizes to Sexual Abuse Victims for Comments that "Wounded Many"
- » Scientists Calculated when Men will Disappear
- » U.S. Еmbassy to Мove to Jerusalem by the Еnd of 2019
- » The Chinese Quantum Satellite Exchanges Data at 7600 Kilometers
- » 82% of the World's Wealth is in the Hands of 1% of the People
- » Lavrov: The Rusophobia of the West Today is Unprecedented