Strong Quake Jolts Myanmar, at Least 6 Feared Dead
A powerful 6.6 magnitude earthquake shook earthquake struck northern Myanmar on Sunday, killing at least six people, according to local media.
A bridge has collapsed and several old Buddhist pagodas have been damaged, reports also say.
The magnitude of the earthquake was 6.6 with a depth of just 10 kilometers (6 miles), according to the US Geological Survey.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or major damage in Myanmar's second-largest city, Mandalay, which is about 117 kilometers (72 miles) south of the epicenter and the region's only major population center.
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype