Food Prices in Bulgaria Are Tamed - Minister
Food prices in Bulgaria have marked only a slight raise since the end of summer, according to Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture and Foods Miroslav Naydenov.
"Grim forecasts from the summer for drastic price hikes are not coming true," said Naydenov in an interview for Darik Radio Saturday.
"The government reacted swiftly. We started advance payments for livestock breeders, in some cases increasing some payments," explained he.
The Agriculture Minister nevertheless conceded that there is an increase in the prices fodder, and so there is an increase of prices of foods connected to it.
Naydenov was also positive regarding the results of a government-sponsored campaign in which large retail chains offer basic foods at discounted prices.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increase by 34.7% in Q2 Y/Y
- » Agriculture Min: Bulgarian Producers 'Suffer Losses' from Food Ban
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding 'Awaiting BGN 1.45 B' from Subsidiaries
- » Balkan Telecom Regulators Mull Scrapping Roaming Charges
- » Bulgaria Gets Record Low Dividend Payment from State Firms
- » Bulgaria's Transport Sector Turnover Increases by 13.4% in Q2 Y/Y