Food Prices in Bulgaria Are Tamed - Minister
Food prices in Bulgaria have marked only a slight raise since the end of summer, according to Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture and Foods Miroslav Naydenov.
"Grim forecasts from the summer for drastic price hikes are not coming true," said Naydenov in an interview for Darik Radio Saturday.
"The government reacted swiftly. We started advance payments for livestock breeders, in some cases increasing some payments," explained he.
The Agriculture Minister nevertheless conceded that there is an increase in the prices fodder, and so there is an increase of prices of foods connected to it.
Naydenov was also positive regarding the results of a government-sponsored campaign in which large retail chains offer basic foods at discounted prices.
- » Bulgaria Expects 10% Rise in Tourist Numbers in Summer 2016
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016
- » Bulgaria Says China Proposing to Invest USD 100 M in Car Wheel Plant in Ruse
- » Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria to Test Bi-Directional Gas Flows by Year's End
- » Bulgaria’s Jan-May Current Account Balance Turns to Surplus
- » Bulgaria to Pay Debts to 2 Airports Put Up for Concession