Food Prices in Bulgaria Are Tamed - Minister
Food prices in Bulgaria have marked only a slight raise since the end of summer, according to Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture and Foods Miroslav Naydenov.
"Grim forecasts from the summer for drastic price hikes are not coming true," said Naydenov in an interview for Darik Radio Saturday.
"The government reacted swiftly. We started advance payments for livestock breeders, in some cases increasing some payments," explained he.
The Agriculture Minister nevertheless conceded that there is an increase in the prices fodder, and so there is an increase of prices of foods connected to it.
Naydenov was also positive regarding the results of a government-sponsored campaign in which large retail chains offer basic foods at discounted prices.
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal
- » PayPal Acquires a European Company for $ 2.2 Billion
- » Summer, Sea ... 44 Beaches - Accessible to People with Disabilities
- » Illegal Buildings Appeared on a Beach Near Varna
- » Jeff Bezos Banned PowerPoint in Meetings
- » Peika.bg donates books in the campaign "READ and EXPLORE Bulgaria"