Food Prices in Bulgaria Are Tamed - Minister
Food prices in Bulgaria have marked only a slight raise since the end of summer, according to Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture and Foods Miroslav Naydenov.
"Grim forecasts from the summer for drastic price hikes are not coming true," said Naydenov in an interview for Darik Radio Saturday.
"The government reacted swiftly. We started advance payments for livestock breeders, in some cases increasing some payments," explained he.
The Agriculture Minister nevertheless conceded that there is an increase in the prices fodder, and so there is an increase of prices of foods connected to it.
Naydenov was also positive regarding the results of a government-sponsored campaign in which large retail chains offer basic foods at discounted prices.
- » Royal Clipper Arrives in Bulgaria’s Varna Port
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Decrease 4.8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » World Bank Approves 2017-2022 Partnership Framework for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Can Use South Stream Project Co.’s Assets in Planned Gas Hub - Energy Minister
- » Assets Managed by Investment Funds in Bulgaria Grow 2.6% Y/Y in March
- » Sweden’s Assa Abloy Acquires Bulgarian-Based Locking Systems Maker Mauer