Food Prices in Bulgaria Are Tamed - Minister
Food prices in Bulgaria have marked only a slight raise since the end of summer, according to Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture and Foods Miroslav Naydenov.
"Grim forecasts from the summer for drastic price hikes are not coming true," said Naydenov in an interview for Darik Radio Saturday.
"The government reacted swiftly. We started advance payments for livestock breeders, in some cases increasing some payments," explained he.
The Agriculture Minister nevertheless conceded that there is an increase in the prices fodder, and so there is an increase of prices of foods connected to it.
Naydenov was also positive regarding the results of a government-sponsored campaign in which large retail chains offer basic foods at discounted prices.
- » Sofia’s New Integrated Municipal Waste Management System Completed
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Record 16.5 % Increase in July
- » Price of Natural Gas in Bulgaria May Drop by over 13.6% as of October
- » Watchdog OKs Agreement between Bulgaria’s National Power Co, ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP
- » Bulgarian Authorities Place Seals on 660 Tonnes of Fuel amid Filling Station Probes
- » US-owned TPP AES Bulgaria Finalizes Agreement with National Power Utility