Food Prices in Bulgaria Are Tamed - Minister
Food prices in Bulgaria have marked only a slight raise since the end of summer, according to Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture and Foods Miroslav Naydenov.
"Grim forecasts from the summer for drastic price hikes are not coming true," said Naydenov in an interview for Darik Radio Saturday.
"The government reacted swiftly. We started advance payments for livestock breeders, in some cases increasing some payments," explained he.
The Agriculture Minister nevertheless conceded that there is an increase in the prices fodder, and so there is an increase of prices of foods connected to it.
Naydenov was also positive regarding the results of a government-sponsored campaign in which large retail chains offer basic foods at discounted prices.
- » Bulgaria's Energoremont Signs Equipment Rehab Deal with Mini Maritsa Iztok
- » Minimum Retirement Pension Up To BGN 180
- » The Total Business Climate Indicator in Bulgaria Decreases by 0.7% for June 2017
- » Apha Research: Most of the Bulgarians Get News on Websites and Social Media Networks
- » Regional Health Inspection: Sea Water on all Beaches in Varna is Clean
- » Gas Price Will Rise by 2% as of 1st of July