Food Prices in Bulgaria Are Tamed - Minister
Food prices in Bulgaria have marked only a slight raise since the end of summer, according to Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture and Foods Miroslav Naydenov.
"Grim forecasts from the summer for drastic price hikes are not coming true," said Naydenov in an interview for Darik Radio Saturday.
"The government reacted swiftly. We started advance payments for livestock breeders, in some cases increasing some payments," explained he.
The Agriculture Minister nevertheless conceded that there is an increase in the prices fodder, and so there is an increase of prices of foods connected to it.
Naydenov was also positive regarding the results of a government-sponsored campaign in which large retail chains offer basic foods at discounted prices.
- » Bulgaria Reports No Change in Russian Gas Supply, Transit Volumes
- » Bulgarian Development Bank to Step up Ties with China’s ICBC
- » Bulgarian Tourism Industry Feels Modestly Optimistic about Winter Season
- » Chinese Companies Show Interest Towards Bulgarian Infrastructure Projects
- » Bulgaria's Anti-Dimiscrimination Watchdog to Sit over 'Racist' Biscuits
- » Gazprom Suspends Gas Deliveries to Ukraine