President: Bulgaria Govt Must Give More Info on South Stream
Bulgaria's government must give citizens and other institutions more detailed information regarding the South Stream gas pipeline project Bulgaria participates in, according to President Rosen Plevneliev.
Speaking in Bansko Saturday, Plevneliev reiterated his support for South Stream, but said that the cabinet led by PM Boyko Borisov needs to be more transparent on the project.
"I think that the government must use the coming days to give the full details - facts, numbers, data - so that we can reach a better transparency on the contract Bulgaria is to sign with Russia," said the President.
Russia and Bulgaria are set to push the natural gas pipeline project one step further next week, by signing a finalizing agreement before kick off.
"Even I personally at this stage do not possess adequate information about what is to be signed." added Plevneliev.
He stressed that all Bulgarian citizens and businesses need to know what the costs and benefits from South Stream are going to be for them.
- » EC Official: Suspension of South Stream Project Is Not Being Discussed
- » Bulgaria Will Not Stop South Stream Gas Pipeline – Energy Minister
- » Bulgaria Energy Minister, EU Commissioner to Extend South Stream Talks
- » Lukoil Neftochim Burgas Refinery Builds Heavy Waste Treatment Complex
- » Construction of South Stream in Bulgaria Starts in May or June
- » Ex Bulgarian President: Bulgaria Must Oppose South Stream Suspension