President: Bulgaria Govt Must Give More Info on South Stream
Bulgaria's government must give citizens and other institutions more detailed information regarding the South Stream gas pipeline project Bulgaria participates in, according to President Rosen Plevneliev.
Speaking in Bansko Saturday, Plevneliev reiterated his support for South Stream, but said that the cabinet led by PM Boyko Borisov needs to be more transparent on the project.
"I think that the government must use the coming days to give the full details - facts, numbers, data - so that we can reach a better transparency on the contract Bulgaria is to sign with Russia," said the President.
Russia and Bulgaria are set to push the natural gas pipeline project one step further next week, by signing a finalizing agreement before kick off.
"Even I personally at this stage do not possess adequate information about what is to be signed." added Plevneliev.
He stressed that all Bulgarian citizens and businesses need to know what the costs and benefits from South Stream are going to be for them.
- » China's ICBC Bank Offering Loan to Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » Bulgaria 'Seeking to Become Hub for Russian Gas'
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Dobrich – Silistra Gas Pipeline Issued Final Certificate of Fitness
- » Bulgaria Expects to Choose Builder of Gas Link to Romania in December
- » AES Bulgaria Dismisses Suggestion of Unfair Play
- » Power Distributor CEZ Bulgaria Welcomes New CEO