Glitch Leaves Parts of Bulgarian Capital without Heating
A failure in the network has left a part of central Sofia, as well as districts north of the center, without central heating Saturday evening.
In the center, the area affected is enclosed by the Evlogi i Hristo Georgievi Blvd, Fridtjof Nansen Blvd, and G. S. Rakovski Str.
The area enclosed by 202th Str, Industrialna Str, Kamenodelska Str, K. Stoilov Str, and Gen D. Nikolaev Blvd in the north has also been left in the cold.
The glitch has occured in a major heating pipe, which accounts for the largeness of the affected area.
The Sofia heating utility has mobilized emergency repair teams, which will work until the failure is corrected.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival