7 Kids Detained for Squatting in Bulgaria
7 teenagers have been detained in Bulgarian capital Sofia overnight for moving into an abandoned house.
The friends visited and partially lived in the abandoned house in the southern Vitosha district for months, before eign visited by the police.
They were discovered by a relative of the house's owners, who called the authorities.
The kids have claimed that the man beat them, something not confirmed by the police.
Only one of the teenagers was of age (over 18), and he was detained for 24 hours; the others were released after being questioned.
- » Thunderstorms, Heavy Rains Hit Balkan States in Early September
- » 424 Refugee Children in Bulgaria Unable to Go to School
- » 2.8-Strong Earthquake Jolts Bulgaria's Pernik
- » Bison Dies in Sofia Zoo
- » Bulgaria’s Prison Officers Stage National Protest
- » Trained Taxi Drivers to Help Paramedics in Bulgaria’s Sofia