7 Kids Detained for Squatting in Bulgaria
7 teenagers have been detained in Bulgarian capital Sofia overnight for moving into an abandoned house.
The friends visited and partially lived in the abandoned house in the southern Vitosha district for months, before eign visited by the police.
They were discovered by a relative of the house's owners, who called the authorities.
The kids have claimed that the man beat them, something not confirmed by the police.
Only one of the teenagers was of age (over 18), and he was detained for 24 hours; the others were released after being questioned.
- » Sofia Hosts Future Shorts Festival in February
- » Cost of Living in Bulgaria Drops for First Time in 25 Years – Trade Union
- » International Media Pay Tribute to Late Bulgarian President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria's Former President Zhelyu Zhelev Dies
- » Bulgaria Records No Improvement in Freedom House Report