Bulgarian Customs Nab Bootleg Alcohol Workshops
Bulgarian customs officers from Silistra in the north east have broken two alcohol bootlegging distilleries in a local village.
The facilities were used to distill rakia, Bulgaria's specialty fruit-based hard brandy.
Located in private houses in the local Pravda village, the distilleries were in full operation when the officers broke in.
The one featured two cauldrons with volume 160 and 180 litres, the other featuring a single 200 l cauldron.
A total of 36 l of rakia, together with the distilling facilities, have been seized.
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 22 Afghan Migrants near Border with Greece