Bulgarian Customs Nab Bootleg Alcohol Workshops
Bulgarian customs officers from Silistra in the north east have broken two alcohol bootlegging distilleries in a local village.
The facilities were used to distill rakia, Bulgaria's specialty fruit-based hard brandy.
Located in private houses in the local Pravda village, the distilleries were in full operation when the officers broke in.
The one featured two cauldrons with volume 160 and 180 litres, the other featuring a single 200 l cauldron.
A total of 36 l of rakia, together with the distilling facilities, have been seized.
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Burglary Ring
- » Secretary of Bulgarian Anti-Human Trafficking Commission Charged with Corruption
- » Bulgaria’s Security, Technical OPS Agencies Report Increase in Surveillance Equipment Requests
- » Bulgaria Strategically Situated along Balkan Drug Trafficking Route – US Department of State
- » Bulgaria Seizes 11 Kg Heroin in Serbia-Registered Car