Germany Marks 23 Years Since Fall of Berlin Wall
Citizens throughout Germany mark the 23nd anniversary since the fall of the Berlin Wall on the night of November 9, 1989.
The Wall was built in August 1961 and for 28 years separated West Berlin from the German Democratic Republic. The wall was a symbol of the Cold War and the splitting of Europe.
On the night of November 9, 1989, the East German government opened border crossings with West Germany, including the Berlin Wall fronting the famed Brandenburg Gate.
Another historic event is commemorated on Friday: the "Kristallnacht", or Night of Broken Glass, in which Nazis destroyed Jewish-owned shops and burned down various synagogues on November 9 and November 10 1938. I
- » Greece Confirms It Won't Pay EUR 1.6 B in Debt to IMF Tuesday
- » Greece’s Vote on Bailout Proposal: ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to Eurozone Membership
- » Reuters: Banks in Greece’s Balkan Neighbours Operating as Usual
- » Egypt’s State Prosecutor Dies after Bomb Attack on His Convoy
- » EU Commission Finds Greek Capital Controls ‘Justified’
- » EU's Juncker Urges Massive Yes Vote in Greece Bailout Referendum
and being completely drunk, I'd like to remark:
"Another historic event is...", dear Novinite, 500 human souls, human
lives, aged from 3 to 5 year old, collected by German fascists in Kamenets-Podolsky, Russia, in 1942, and buried alive-alive!!!, for not
spending bullets on that "human scum"-alive, do You geyt it? What to
add. Germany marks 23 Years "Since Fall..."? Happy people they are
Novinite, I mark ase well..........................