Bulgaria Registers 2.1% Drop in Exports to EU Jan-Aug 2012
Bulgaria's exports to the rest of the EU decreased by 2.1% year on year in the period January - August 2012, amounting to BGN 15.7 B (around EUR 8.03 B) according to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
The main trade partners of Bulgaria in that period were Germany, Italy, Romania, Greece, France and Belgium, together forming 71.1% of the exports to the EU member states.
In August 2012 Bulgaria's exports to the rest of the EU decreased by 11.3% compared to the corresponding month of the previous year and amounted to BGN 2 B.
Bulgaria's imports from the EU in the period January - August 2012 increased by 12.0% compared to the corresponding period of the previous year and added up to BGN 19.3 B at CIF prices. The largest amounts were reported for the goods imported from Germany, Romania, Italy, Greece and Spain
- » Europol Busts People Smuggling Group Linked to Bulgaria
- » Child Poverty Highest in Bulgaria, Romania
- » EU Commission Adopts Bulgaria's Fisheries, Aquaculture Programme Worth EUR 113 M
- » Oxfam-funded Report Accuses Bulgaria of Police Abuse of Migrants
- » Bulgaria Contributes EUR 50,000 to EU's Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
- » Workers from Bulgaria, Romania in UK Reach Fresh High of 219,000