Bulgaria Sees 7.3% Increase of Hotel Nights Jan-Sept 2012 Y/Y
The number of nights spent in Bulgaria's hotels and other accommodation establishments increased by 7.3 % year on year in the period January-September 2012, according to the country's National Statistical Institute.
The nights spent by foreign residents increased by 8.1% and by Bulgarian residents - by 5.4%.
The total number of the nights spent in all accommodation establishments amounted to 2 255.8 thousands as 648.4 thousands by them were spent by Bulgarian residents and 1 607.4 thousands - by foreigners.
In 4 and 5 stars hotels, foreign citizens accounted for 61.3% of all nights spent.
Compared to the period January - September 2011 the arrivals in all accommodation establishments in the same period of 2012 increased by 8.7% and reached 17 238.3 thousands.
- » 8000-Year-Old Neolithic Settlement to Become New Tourist Attraction of Sofia
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Record 16.5 % Increase in July
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarians Drop 5.1% Y/Y in Q2 2015
- » Bulgaria Luring Russian Tourists with Low Prices, Eased Visa Rules
- » Black Sea Tourism Businesses Announce Major Drop in Holiday Prices
- » Bulgaria 'among Young Romanians' Most Preferred Holiday Places'