Bulgaria's Black Sea Airports Report Annual Increases in Serviced Passengers
Burgas Airport processed nearly 2.34 million passengers since the beginning of 2012, up by 6.7% compared to 2011.
Meanwhile, Varna Airport serviced over 1.17 million passengers since the beginning of 2012, up by 0.7% as compared to 2011, according to reports of business news portal investor.bg based on recent data on the passenger flow through the two major Bulgarian Black Sea airports granted under concession to Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AD.
According to the data of the Bulgarian-German consortium, in the past months of 2012, most of all during the summer tourist season, Russia and Germany remained the main markets for the two Black Sea airports.
The concessionaire of the airports in Varna and Burgas is currently building two new passenger terminals which are to be completed in the summer of 2013.
The investment in the construction of the two terminals is part of the investment plan of Frapport for the two Black Sea airports amounting to nearly BGN 250 M.
The new terminals will have much bigger areas for arriving and departing passengers, new commercial spaces, and will be equipped with modern passenger service systems, according to Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AD.
The buildings located on an area of 18 000 square meters in Varna and 20 000 square meters in Burgas have been designed to suit different passenger flows, with options to increase capacity to service extra loads of passengers.
The capacity of the new terminal at the Burgas Airport is 2.7 million passengers, while the Varna Airport has a capacity of 1.8 million passengers.
Burgas Airport will have 31 passenger registration desks, while Varna Airport will have 25.
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » BDZ Offers Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » More Than 400 Flights Were Canceled at the Airport in Toronto, Canada Due to Heavy Snowfall
- » Passenger Numbers at Bulgaria's Varna, Burgas Airports Rise in Jan-Nov
- » Some Ryanair Pilots in Ireland to Strike, German Union Steps Up Pressure