Bulgaria Holds National Day of Mourning for Patriarch Maxim
Bulgaria holds Friday a day of national mourning over the death of n Orthodox Patriarch Maxim, who passed away early on Tuesday at the age of 98.
Patriarch Maxim will be buried Friday at the Troyan Monastery in central northern Bulgaria, near his home village of Oreshak.
The funeral service and mass for the deceased patriarch will start Friday at 9 am at the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, where Maxim's body will be laid in state before being interred in Troyan.
The funeral service will be aired live on the Bulgarian National Television (BNT).
- » Bulgaria Holds Day of National Mourning for Ex President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgarian Presidency Lays Condolence Book in Memory of Zhelyu Zhelev
- » International Media Pay Tribute to Late Bulgarian President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria's Former President Zhelyu Zhelev Dies
- » Bulgaria's Deputy Chief of Defense Dies Aged 53