Bulgaria Holds National Day of Mourning for Patriarch Maxim
Bulgaria holds Friday a day of national mourning over the death of n Orthodox Patriarch Maxim, who passed away early on Tuesday at the age of 98.
Patriarch Maxim will be buried Friday at the Troyan Monastery in central northern Bulgaria, near his home village of Oreshak.
The funeral service and mass for the deceased patriarch will start Friday at 9 am at the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, where Maxim's body will be laid in state before being interred in Troyan.
The funeral service will be aired live on the Bulgarian National Television (BNT).
- » Bulgarian Bishop Nathaniel Dies at 61
- » Bulgarian National Radio Children’s Choir Head Passes Away at 81
- » Poland's 1st Democratic PM after Communism Passes Away
- » Influential EU Politician Wilfred Martens Passes Away at 77
- » Bulgaria Bids Farewell to Film Director Rangel Vulchanov
- » Eminent Bulgarian Film Director Rangel Vulchanov Dies at 84