Bulgaria Holds National Day of Mourning for Patriarch Maxim
Bulgaria holds Friday a day of national mourning over the death of n Orthodox Patriarch Maxim, who passed away early on Tuesday at the age of 98.
Patriarch Maxim will be buried Friday at the Troyan Monastery in central northern Bulgaria, near his home village of Oreshak.
The funeral service and mass for the deceased patriarch will start Friday at 9 am at the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, where Maxim's body will be laid in state before being interred in Troyan.
The funeral service will be aired live on the Bulgarian National Television (BNT).
- » Patriarch Holds Memorial Service Marking Death of Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son
- » Blues Legend BB King Dies Aged 89
- » Bulgaria's Former Vice President Atanas Semerdzhiev Dies at 90
- » Georgi Petkanov, Former Minister of Interior, Justice, Dies at 67
- » German Writer Günter Grass Dies Aged 87
- » Bulgarian Last King's Eldest Son Passes Away