Bulgaria Holds National Day of Mourning for Patriarch Maxim
Bulgaria holds Friday a day of national mourning over the death of n Orthodox Patriarch Maxim, who passed away early on Tuesday at the age of 98.
Patriarch Maxim will be buried Friday at the Troyan Monastery in central northern Bulgaria, near his home village of Oreshak.
The funeral service and mass for the deceased patriarch will start Friday at 9 am at the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, where Maxim's body will be laid in state before being interred in Troyan.
The funeral service will be aired live on the Bulgarian National Television (BNT).
- » Seychelles' First President Dies Aged 77
- » British Musician George Michael Dies
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away
- » Bulgarian TV Journalist Dimitar Tsonev Dies at 56
- » Legendary Heavyweight Boxer Muhammad Ali Dies Aged 74
- » Dutch Football Legend Johan Cruyff Dies of Cancer Aged 68