Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Ralitsa Petrova's ''Bezbog" Awarded at Prestigious Sarajevo Film Fest
- » Famous Israeli Musician Idan Raichel's Show Comes to Sofia Next Month
- » Sudanese Musician Alfateh Hussain to Visit Bulgaria with His Show
- » Bulgaria's Burgas Hosting Summer Chaos Festival on Saturday