Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Night of Scientists Hosted By Pleven Medical University
- » CineLibri 2016 To Present Frédéric Beigbeder,Arnon Grunberg, Catherine Bernstein, Jiri Menzel
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » Free-of-Charge Entry to Sofia Municipal Museums on September 22
- » Exhibition of Pulitzer-Winning Bulgarian Photographer Opens in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan's First Lady to Unveil Open-Air Museum in Veliko Tarnovo on Thursday