Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Movies About Claude Mone, Picasso, Joseph Brodsky During This Year 'Master of Art' Festival
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Glenn Miller Orchestra With Concert in Sofia
- » La Traviata by Bulgarian Soprano Sonya Yoncheva with Big Success Worldwide