Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Japanese Drummers Yamato To Perform In Sofia Again
- » Exhibition Of Photos From Private Albums To Mark 100-th Anniversary Of WWI In Sofia
- » Fifth Edition Of So Independent Festival To Start On Oct. 24
- » Lara Fabian To Sing In Sofia
- » Balkan Rakia Fest To Take Place In Sofia
- » Plovdiv to Receive BGN 20 M to Implement 2019 European Capital of Culture Program