Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » So Independent Festival To Host Sundance, Tribeca, Cannes Movies in Sofia
- » Stage of Centuries Opera Season To Be Launched in Bulgaria's Tarnovo in 2017
- » One Dance Week Features Performances from France, Korea on Oct 13-14
- » Russian Impressionists Featured in Bulgaria for 1st Time
- » Bulgarian Movie 'Losers' to Compete for Oscar with 84 Titles
- » Bulgaria’s Kvadrat 500 To Open Exhibition Hall for People With Visual Impairment