Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Translation of Bulgarian Novel Goes to 2016 PEN Prize Finals
- » Scorpions 50th Anniversary Tour to Include Sofia Concert on July 17
- » Sofia Film Fest 20th Edition to Take Place March10-31
- » Bulgaria's Pernik Hosts 25th Edition of Surva Masquerade Games
- » Bulgaria's Sofia to Host World Festival of Animated Film Jan 29-31
- » MENAR Film Festival Kicks Off in Sofia on January 14