Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Roger Waters with a New Concert in Bulgaria in 2018
- » 'Inspiration' Festival of the Old Town of Plovdiv Will Run Until 24th of September
- » Two New Banksy Artworks Appear on Wall of Barbican Centre
- » Lady Gaga Canceled her European Tour
- » Bulgarian Film Wins the Award at the World Festival of Animation Cinema
- » Plovdiv Will Host 'Modern Bulgarian Photography' Exhibition