Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Two New 'Harry Potter' Books
- » The Internationally Renowned Musical 'Cats' on the Open Stage of Tsarevets
- » The Beginning of the End for Game of Thrones Hits all the Right Notes *Review*
- » MOODS – Exhibition of Kiril Gyulemetov and Dora Kamenova
- » David Bowie and Queen Have Several Unreleased Singles
- » George R.R. Martin to Produce New Fantasy Series