Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Sofia's MENAR Film Festival to Feature Central Asian, Indian Productions
- » Deep Purple's Farewell Tour to Include Sofia
- » One Man Party's 4th Edition to Feature Foreign D&B Guru
- » Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
- » Northern Lights Film Festival Begins in Sofia on Wednesday
- » Bulgaria's Koprivshtitsa Festival Added to UNESCO Heritage List