Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » New Fund to Raise Money for Culture in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo to Apply for UNESCO World Heritage
- » Pink Floyd to Release New Album in October?
- » New Music Festival Takes Place in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Opera in the Park Festival Begins in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Cult Fantasy Author Terry Pratchett Forced To Cancel Appearance