Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Bulgaria to Host Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2015
- » Bulgarian Actress Stoyanka Mutafova Storms Guiness Book of World Records
- » Romanians in Bulgaria Mark Day of Culture
- » Bulgaria Nominates Magurata Cave to UNESCO’s World Heritage List
- » Bulgarian Cinema Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- » UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova Declared Honorary Citizen of Sofia