Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » 100 Bulgarian Books Were Introduced to the Library of Congress in Washington D.C
- » International Poetry Festival Begins Today in Plovdiv
- » Spring Book Bazaar Opens at National Palace of Culture
- » Victor Bojinov Delves Into Bulgarian History in ‘’Heights’’
- » Sofia Hosts European Conference on Role of Culture For Social Inclusion
- » Theatrical Diversity of Asia - Part of the World Theater Program in Sofia 2017