Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Wooden Sculptures Attract the Attention of the Tourists in the Open-Air Museum “Etar”
- » Bulgaria Unveils 2015 Junior Eurovision Anthem
- » 11th Bulgarian Film Festival in New York to Open Sept. 28
- » Bulgarian Artists Will be in Focus of First Edition of Vienna Contemporary Fair
- » Divers Arrange Underwater Exhibition in Bulgaria's Primorsko
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv Launches Week of Art, Cultural Events