Sofia Orthodox Christians Bid Farewell to Patriarch
A Hierarchical Divine Liturgy has been held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia in honor of the country's late Orthodox Patriarch Maxim.
The liturgy has been carried out by Plovdiv bishop Nikolay, who was put temporarily in charge of the Sofia eparchy, local media inform.
The diseased Patriarch's body will be lying in state on Thursday in Sofia's Sveta Nedelya church.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has decided to schedule a of national day of mourning over the death of Patriarch Maxim. The national day of mourning is scheduled for Friday.
Maxim died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
- » Bulgaria's National Art Gallery Square 500 Hosts Indonesian Batik, Bali Art Exhibition
- » Festival Italiano in Bulgaria 2016: Music, Cinema, Cuisine and Much More
- » European Night of Museums to Be Celebrated in Bulgaria on May 21
- » Bulgaria to Make Its Second Appearance at Eurovision Final on Saturday
- » Bulgaria's Poli Genova Proceeds to Eurovision Final
- » Bulgaria's Poli Genova to Perform at Eurovision Semifinal on Thursday