Bulgarian Socialist Leader Congratulates Obama on Election Victory
The reelection of US President Barack Obama is a vote of confidence for the progressive policies both in the US and all over the world, according to Sergey Stanishev, leader of the Party of European Socialists (PES) and the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP).
The socialist leader, as cited by the press office of BSP, points out the significance of Obama's victory on a global scale.
Stanishev argues that the initiatives of the US President in the past four years and his proposals for the future stand in sharp contrast to the policy of right-wing parties in Europe which is limited to belt-tightening.
"The reelection of Obama is a possibility for the people on both sides of the Atlantic to be led out of the crisis via the common path of investments and progressive policies," the PES President says in a statement.
Stanishev reminds that the election of Obama four years ago carried the message "Yes, we can."
"Obama showed that he is capable of being the President everybody wished for. He overcame the catastrophic legacy of the Bush administration and replaced it with progressive economic policies, in spite of the most serious economic and social crisis since 1929," Stanishev notes.
The socialist leader claims that the reelection of Obama four years later carries the strong and clear message of "Yes, we did it and we shall go on."
The Party of European Socialists congratulates Barack Obama on the election victory, saying that it is the result of American citizens opting for more jobs and growth, strong public services, health reform, and investments in education and innovations.
- » Bulgaria to Participate in EU Operation on Tackling Human Traffickers in Mediterranean
- » Council of Europe anti-torture Committee Head Condemns Bulgaria’s Failure to Report Police Brutality Cases
- » EU to Allocate EUR 25 M to Bulgaria, Turkey for Cross-Border Cooperation
- » EU Allocates EUR 6.3 M to Bulgaria for Recovery after Severe Winter
- » PM Borisov Highlights Bulgaria’s Contribution to EU Security in Talks with Mogherini
- » EU Foreign Policy Chief Mogherini To Meet with Bulgaria’s PM, President in Sofia