Bulgaria Govt Extends Concession of Copper Mining Firm Elatsite Med
Bulgaria's government has extended by 10 years the concession granted to Elatsite Med AD for the production of porphyry copper-gold ore from the Elatsite deposit located in the Sofia district.
The municipalities of Mirkovo, Chelopech, Chavdar, Zlatitsa, and Etropole, will receive nearly USD 30 M in their budgets as a result of the decision, according to the press office of the Bulgarian government.
The money will be distributed proportional to the share of the deposit which is located on the territory of the respective municipality.
Wednesday's decision of the Cabinet also specifies the area of the concession.
The website of Bulgaria's Ministry of Economy, Energy, and Tourism informs that the concession contract was signed in 1999 for a period of 17 years.
- » Farmers Agree on Maximum EU Agriculture Subsidies of EUR 300,000
- » Bulgarian Car Market Grew 15% from January 2014
- » Retail Trade Volume Decreases Throughout EU in May 2014
- » Chinese Consortium to Invest BGN 20 M in Bulgaria's Karlovo
- » 50% of Bulgarian Food Comes From Grey Market – Producers
- » Bulgaria's Industrial Production Up By 5% in April – Eurostat