Analysts View Paul Ryan as GOP Frontrunner for 2016
Analysts have stated that Paul Ryan can be viewed as a frontrunner for a GOP presidential nomination in 2016.
"Being a vice presidential candidate, even on a losing ticket, tends to elevate people into the ranks of presidential contenders," St. Louis University law professor Joel Goldstein has pointed out, as cited by Wisconsin State Journal.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said Tuesday that despite the results "Paul Ryan's credibility is as strong, if not stronger, than it was when he joined the race."
On Tuesday, Paul Ryan won an eighth term representing Wisconsin's 1st Congressional District, which is located in the southeastern part the state near Lake Michigan and includes parts of Milwaukee County.
- » Gazprom Set to Transport Over 47 B Cubic Meters of Gas Through Greece
- » UNHCR Demonstrates Concern Following 1300 Migrant Deaths in April
- » 40 Armed Men Storm Police Station in Macedonia, Take 4 Officers Hostage
- » Andrus Ansip: EU Has to Pay Attention on Life-Long Learning
- » Turkey to Commemorate Armenian Victims of Ottoman Killings
- » Egypt's Ousted President Morsi Jailed for 20 years