Bulgaria Leapfrogs to Top 40 in FIFA Ranking
The Bulgarian national football team has moved 15 places up in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking and is now occupying the 40th spot.
"The Lions" are now one spot behind Zambia and one ahead of Egypt.
Bulgaria was ranked 96th in April, but recently appointed coach Lyuboslav Penev seems to have inspired the team.
The Bulgarian national squad had an impressive start to its World Cup qualifying campaign, holding Italy to a 2:2 draw and defeating Armenia 1:0 in September in Sofia.
The Balkan underdogs then proceeded to hold Denmark and the Czech Republic to two consecutive draws in October.
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams
- » Football Union Reportedly Revokes Licences of Bulgaria's CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia