Bulgaria Leapfrogs to Top 40 in FIFA Ranking
The Bulgarian national football team has moved 15 places up in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking and is now occupying the 40th spot.
"The Lions" are now one spot behind Zambia and one ahead of Egypt.
Bulgaria was ranked 96th in April, but recently appointed coach Lyuboslav Penev seems to have inspired the team.
The Bulgarian national squad had an impressive start to its World Cup qualifying campaign, holding Italy to a 2:2 draw and defeating Armenia 1:0 in September in Sofia.
The Balkan underdogs then proceeded to hold Denmark and the Czech Republic to two consecutive draws in October.
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Skip Tournament in Washington Over Illness
- » Mountain Auto Rally “Uzana” Cancelled after Fatal Accident
- » Bulgarians Spent Over EUR 104 000 at 2014 World Cup
- » Michael Schumacher Is Showing Signs Of Recovery
- » Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
- » Clashes Break Out In Argentina After World Cup Defeat