Bulgaria Leapfrogs to Top 40 in FIFA Ranking
The Bulgarian national football team has moved 15 places up in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking and is now occupying the 40th spot.
"The Lions" are now one spot behind Zambia and one ahead of Egypt.
Bulgaria was ranked 96th in April, but recently appointed coach Lyuboslav Penev seems to have inspired the team.
The Bulgarian national squad had an impressive start to its World Cup qualifying campaign, holding Italy to a 2:2 draw and defeating Armenia 1:0 in September in Sofia.
The Balkan underdogs then proceeded to hold Denmark and the Czech Republic to two consecutive draws in October.
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells
- » The Boss of the Football Referees in Bulgaria Resigned