Bulgaria Leapfrogs to Top 40 in FIFA Ranking
The Bulgarian national football team has moved 15 places up in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking and is now occupying the 40th spot.
"The Lions" are now one spot behind Zambia and one ahead of Egypt.
Bulgaria was ranked 96th in April, but recently appointed coach Lyuboslav Penev seems to have inspired the team.
The Bulgarian national squad had an impressive start to its World Cup qualifying campaign, holding Italy to a 2:2 draw and defeating Armenia 1:0 in September in Sofia.
The Balkan underdogs then proceeded to hold Denmark and the Czech Republic to two consecutive draws in October.
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Nominated For Sportsmanship Award
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Quarterfinals in Moscow
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies For Quarter Finals Of If Stockholm Open
- » Boxer Kubrat Pulev Feeling Stronger As Match with Wladimir Klitschko Postoponed