New Generation Kennedy Enters US Congress
Massachusetts voters elected a third generation of the Kennedy family to represent them in Washington, selecting Joseph Kennedy III for the US House.
Joseph Kennedy III will serve Massachusetts' 4th Congressional District, having handily defeated GOP opponent Sean Bielat, according to a CNN projection.
Kennedy was elected to Congress 50 years to the day that his great uncle, the late Sen. Edward Kennedy, was elected to the Senate. Another great uncle, the late President John Kennedy, was elected to the House 66 years ago.
Democratic Rep. Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island left office in January 2011, ending his family's 64-year streak of service in the US Congress.
- » Russia Detains Suspected IS Cell Plotting Attacks in Moscow, St. Petersburg
- » Ilinden Crossing on Bulgaria-Greece Border Expected to Reopen at 10 p.m. Monday
- » IOM: Migrant Arrivals to Europe Likely to Exceed One Million in 2016
- » Greece Could Change Pension Reform Plans amid Protests
- » Greek Farmers to Renew Blockade at Border with Bulgaria
- » UN Security Council Condems N Korea over Rocket Launch