New Generation Kennedy Enters US Congress
Massachusetts voters elected a third generation of the Kennedy family to represent them in Washington, selecting Joseph Kennedy III for the US House.
Joseph Kennedy III will serve Massachusetts' 4th Congressional District, having handily defeated GOP opponent Sean Bielat, according to a CNN projection.
Kennedy was elected to Congress 50 years to the day that his great uncle, the late Sen. Edward Kennedy, was elected to the Senate. Another great uncle, the late President John Kennedy, was elected to the House 66 years ago.
Democratic Rep. Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island left office in January 2011, ending his family's 64-year streak of service in the US Congress.
- » 5.3-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Western Greece
- » Kiev, Pro-Moscow Rebels Agree to Set Buffer Zone to Bolster Ceasefire
- » First French Air Strikes Against Islamic State Destroy Supply Depot
- » Russia Mulls Isolating Itself from Global Internet
- » UK Retains Commitment to Devolution after Scotland's 'No'
- » Serbia Cuts Pensions, Public Sector Salaries