New Generation Kennedy Enters US Congress
Massachusetts voters elected a third generation of the Kennedy family to represent them in Washington, selecting Joseph Kennedy III for the US House.
Joseph Kennedy III will serve Massachusetts' 4th Congressional District, having handily defeated GOP opponent Sean Bielat, according to a CNN projection.
Kennedy was elected to Congress 50 years to the day that his great uncle, the late Sen. Edward Kennedy, was elected to the Senate. Another great uncle, the late President John Kennedy, was elected to the House 66 years ago.
Democratic Rep. Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island left office in January 2011, ending his family's 64-year streak of service in the US Congress.
- » Tusk Rules Out Single Market 'à la carte' for UK
- » Putin, Erdogan Agree to Work Towards Normalisation of Relations
- » One Ukrainian, One Iranian Reported as Victims of Istanbul Airport Terror Attack
- » Sofia Airport Heightens Security Measures After Ataturk Airport Attack
- » Putin to Call Erdogan over Phone Wednesday
- » Britain Will Have to Raise Taxes, Cut Spending after Vote to Leave EU