US Election Over but Florida Results Still Unknown
US President Barack Obama has been officially reelected to a second term in office, but the key battleground state of Florida still remains a question mark.
Early Wednesday morning Obama was edging out Romney by about 45,000 votes, or 0.53 percentage points, out of a total of 8.27 million votes cast in Florida, with about 99% of the votes counted.
"It's 1:42 in the morning and I just heard there are still people voting in Miami-Dade County," tweeted Chris Cate, spokesman for Florida's Secretary of State, who is responsible for elections.
"Kudos to their commitment to voting!"
Final results would not be available until Wednesday afternoon.
Until then, it may not be totally clear whether Obama won the state, which he carried in 2008.
Earlier President Obama won Virginia, one of the two swing states, which were too close to call, cementing his reelection.
- » Floods Cause State of Emergency in 11 Serbian Municipalities
- » Turkish PM Inaugurates Drilling for Eurasia Tunnel
- » Austria to Receive 1000 Extra Refugees
- » Residents of France's Brittany Stage Rally to Demand Greater Autonomy
- » Christians Celebrate Easter, Pope Blesses World
- » South Korean Families Protest Over 'Slow' Rescue Operation