US Election Over but Florida Results Still Unknown
US President Barack Obama has been officially reelected to a second term in office, but the key battleground state of Florida still remains a question mark.
Early Wednesday morning Obama was edging out Romney by about 45,000 votes, or 0.53 percentage points, out of a total of 8.27 million votes cast in Florida, with about 99% of the votes counted.
"It's 1:42 in the morning and I just heard there are still people voting in Miami-Dade County," tweeted Chris Cate, spokesman for Florida's Secretary of State, who is responsible for elections.
"Kudos to their commitment to voting!"
Final results would not be available until Wednesday afternoon.
Until then, it may not be totally clear whether Obama won the state, which he carried in 2008.
Earlier President Obama won Virginia, one of the two swing states, which were too close to call, cementing his reelection.
- » Huge New Screen in London's Picadilly Circus will Display Ads Based on Nearby Cars and People
- » Nearly 40 People were Detained in Istanbul in Operation Against Islamic State
- » Boyko Borisov: Europe is Under Pressure
- » North Korea Wants to Become Allies with Iran Against the United States
- » Puigdemont Proposed Negotiations with Madrid Without Clarity About his Intentions
- » North Korea was Behind the Global Cyber Attacks with the Virus WannaCry