Bulgaria's Wine Exports Up 7.4% in Jan-Sep 2012
Bulgaria's Executive Agency on Vine and Wine reported a 7.4% growth in wine export for the first nine months of 2012.
In the first nine months of 2012, Bulgaria exported 36 million liters of wine, up by 2.5 million from the corresponding period in 2011.
Statistics about the 9-month period appears optimistic against the backdrop of the decrease in domestic consumption of wine recorded in the first quarter.
In the first quarter of 2012, Bulgaria exported around 12 million liters of wine.
Sales volumes of wine on the domestic market in the said period also went up.
In the period January-September 2012, a total of 68 million liters of wine were sold on the domestic market, up by 17% from the corresponding period of 2011.
Domestic consumption of wine in Bulgaria grew at a stable rate in the past two years.
In the first nine months of 2011, Bulgarian wine companies reported sales of over 58.4 million liters on the domestic market, as compared to 50.1 million liters for the corresponding period of 2010.
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister Expects New Governor of Bulgarian National Bank by end-April
- » Bulgarian Project Company for Oil Pipeline Burgas-Alexandroupolis Welcomes New CEO
- » Bulgaria’s Gross External Debt at EUR 39 B in end-January
- » Bulgaria Repays EUR 1.5 B Bridge Loan
- » Bulgaria’s Bromak Objects to Judges Due to Rule on Scrapping of KTB’s Licence
- » Metro Extension to Business Park Sofia to Open on 8 May