Bulgarian Firm Said to Build Hydro-Plant in Lebanon
An unnamed Bulgarian company is set to construct a hydropower plant in Lebanon, Bulgarian Prime Minister has told reporters in Sofia during a joint news conference with his Lebanese counterpart Najib Mikati.
"The markets to the east are extremely important for our economy. Every investment is extremely important and is on the agenda," Borisov said.
In his words, Bulgaria's mineral waters and food products are yet to become important export commodities for the Middle East.
"In the time of global warming, food and water will be very important," Borisov said.
He announced that a Bulgarian firm will be building a hydroplant in Lebanon without revealing its name.
"Lebanon is interested in green energy because water is becoming an increasingly important resource," he added.
- » Bulgaria, Westinghouse Sign Shareholders' Agreement on Unit 7
- » Bulgaria’s Top Court Scraps Controversial Fee on Renewables
- » Westinghouse, Gov't to Sign Final Deal on Unit 7 Next Year - CEO
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Revoke 20% Fee on Solar, Wind Power
- » Ukraine Demands Changes to Gas Transit Deal with Russia
- » Bulgarian South Stream Section Issued Positive EIA Report