Bulgarian Firm Said to Build Hydro-Plant in Lebanon
An unnamed Bulgarian company is set to construct a hydropower plant in Lebanon, Bulgarian Prime Minister has told reporters in Sofia during a joint news conference with his Lebanese counterpart Najib Mikati.
"The markets to the east are extremely important for our economy. Every investment is extremely important and is on the agenda," Borisov said.
In his words, Bulgaria's mineral waters and food products are yet to become important export commodities for the Middle East.
"In the time of global warming, food and water will be very important," Borisov said.
He announced that a Bulgarian firm will be building a hydroplant in Lebanon without revealing its name.
"Lebanon is interested in green energy because water is becoming an increasingly important resource," he added.
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia
- » Bulgaria May Be Connected To Turkish Stream – Energy Committee Head
- » Lukoil CEO Urges Fight against Shadow Carbon Pricing
- » Plevneliev Welcomes Upgrade of Russia’s Lukoil Bulgarian Refinery Neftochim
- » Sofia Heating Utility Fined BGN 125 000 for Abuse of Dominant Position