Turkey Wants to Open 3rd Consulate in Bulgarian Provinces
Turkey intends to open a General Consulate in the northeastern Bulgarian city of Shumen, Turkish Ambassador Ismail Aramaz has announced.
His Excellency was in Shumen Monday for the opening of a new facility of an aluminium producer.
In his words, the opening of a Turkish consulate in Shumen will boost the investments by Turkish companies in the region, BNR reported.
In addition to its embassy and consulate in Sofia, Turkey already has two consulates in Bulgaria's provinces – one in Burgas and another one in Plovdiv.
Aramaz recommended that the Bulgarian government lift the visas for Turkish businessmen, and that the planned "high-speed road" (a modified highway) from the Danube city of Ruse to Svilengrad on the Bulgarian border with Turkey and Greece should pass through Shumen and Yambol in Southern Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria Tightens Control over Honorary Consuls
- » Bulgaria's PM Appoints Two Diplomats as Deputy Foreign Ministers
- » Bulgaria's FM Calls on Ukraine to Avoid Sudden Moves against Russia
- » Caretaker Foreign Minister Meets New German Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » Kristalina Georgieva 'Should Comment on EU Foreign Affairs' - FM
- » Bulgaria Evacuates Embassy Staff From Libya