Turkey Wants to Open 3rd Consulate in Bulgarian Provinces
Turkey intends to open a General Consulate in the northeastern Bulgarian city of Shumen, Turkish Ambassador Ismail Aramaz has announced.
His Excellency was in Shumen Monday for the opening of a new facility of an aluminium producer.
In his words, the opening of a Turkish consulate in Shumen will boost the investments by Turkish companies in the region, BNR reported.
In addition to its embassy and consulate in Sofia, Turkey already has two consulates in Bulgaria's provinces – one in Burgas and another one in Plovdiv.
Aramaz recommended that the Bulgarian government lift the visas for Turkish businessmen, and that the planned "high-speed road" (a modified highway) from the Danube city of Ruse to Svilengrad on the Bulgarian border with Turkey and Greece should pass through Shumen and Yambol in Southern Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria and Russia to Cooperate in the Field of Culture
- » Putin's Visit in Bulgaria will be Postponed for after March 2018
- » Theresa May goes on an Unexpected Visit to Brussels
- » Boris Johnson tells Zaharieva: 'I am Sure Bulgarian EU Presidency will be Very Successful'
- » Bulgaria’s Head of State Held Talks with the President of Azerbaijan
- » From January 1, 2018, there is going to be a Direct Flight Connection between Sofia and Baku