Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.5 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southwestern Bulgaria Monday, in the first hours of the new week.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 5 km. The epicenter is located 1 km northeast of the town of Gotse Delchev in the Blagoevgrad region, and 128 km southwest from the capital Sofia.
There are no reports of casualties or damage. The shock was not felt by local residents.
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°