Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.5 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southwestern Bulgaria Monday, in the first hours of the new week.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 5 km. The epicenter is located 1 km northeast of the town of Gotse Delchev in the Blagoevgrad region, and 128 km southwest from the capital Sofia.
There are no reports of casualties or damage. The shock was not felt by local residents.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures