Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.5 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southwestern Bulgaria Monday, in the first hours of the new week.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 5 km. The epicenter is located 1 km northeast of the town of Gotse Delchev in the Blagoevgrad region, and 128 km southwest from the capital Sofia.
There are no reports of casualties or damage. The shock was not felt by local residents.
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos