Wozniacki Faces Petrova at Tournament of Champions Final in Sofia
Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki will clash with second-seeded Nadia Petrova of Russia at the Tournament of Champions final in Sofia.
The final starts at 6.00 pm on Sunday and will be aired live by the state TV channel.
A day earlier Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki brought local fans to tears after defeating Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova 6-4, 6-1.
Meanwhile Nadia Petrova of Russia defeated Roberta Vinci of Italy 6-7 (8-10), 6-1, 6-4 in a dramatic match that lasted 2 hours, 42 minutes.
Caroline Wozniacki, who began this year as Number one in the WTA rankings, is the group leader due to her high ranking in WTA.
Making it to the final and playing for her third title (after Seoul and Moscow) has ensured Wozniacki's return to the top 10 when the rankings are updated on Monday.
She will rise from No. 11 to No. 10, swapping with Marion Bartoli.
Petrova will also be trying for her third title of the year. During her previous four matches with Wozniacki, she has suffered defeats.
The tournament in Sofia featured eight tennis players, two of whom received a "wild card" - the best Bulgarian female tennis star Tsvetana Pironkova and Russian Maria Kirilenko, who is No. 15 in the rankings.
The 2012 WTA Tournament of Champions is a singles-only tennis tournament that is played on indoor hard courts in Sofia's Arena Armeec hall.
This is the fourth edition of the tournament and is part of the 2012 WTA Tour.
The 2012 edition is the first to be held in Sofia, having been relocated from Bali, where the tournament was held for the previous three years and called the Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions.
- » Bulgarian Best Tennis Player Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the Semi-Finals in Cincinnati Tournament
- » Bulgaria Will Host 2 Tournaments of the New World Volleyball Championship in 2018
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins Against Juan Matin del Porto in Cincinnati
- » The Municipality of Burgas is Working on the Rescue of Local Football
- » Dimitar Berbatov will Join a Former Teammate and Coach in India
- » Successful Start For Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in Cincinnati Masters Tennis Tournament