Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » March to Begin with Spring-Like Temperatures after Cold Snap
- » Bulgarian Oak Ranks High in European Tree of Year Contest
- » Bulgaria May Lose Funding Under Two Eco Projects
- » Free Public Transport Options to Be Discussed in Days - Sofia Mayor
- » Bulgaria among World's Most Toxic Countries - Study
- » Bulgaria Braces for New Cold Snap on Tuesday