Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » Snowfalls Forced the Airport in Frankfurt to Cancel 170 Flights
- » 5 Districts Protest Over the Poisonous Air in Sofia
- » NIMH: Maximum Temperatures Between 1°C and 6°C
- » Thousands Evacuated due to the Third Most Devastating Fire in California since 1932
- » Sunday Brings Cold, Rain and Snow Across the Country
- » Tropical Storm Brings Flooding to Philippines