Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday