Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil
- » Weather: Cloudy and Chilly in April