Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains