Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years
- » Code Yellow For Bad Weather Declared Along Sea Coast
- » Heavy Rains Expected in 8 Bulgarian Districts on Friday
- » Bulgarian Environmentalists Hold Protests Against Shale Gas
- » Eco Experts: Bulgaria's Zoos Don't Cover EU Standards
- » Annual Revenues from Illegal Logging in Bulgaria at BGN 100 M - WWF