Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » Bulgarian Tourism Organizations Sign Environment Protection Memorandum
- » Bulgaria's Southern Black Sea Coast Returns to Normal after Floods
- » Code Yellow in 5 Bulgarian Districts over Hail, Torrents Friday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 7 Districts over Risk of Hail, Thunderstorms
- » Heavy Hailstorm Floods Parts of Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Greenpeace Warns of Polluted Reservoirs in Bulgaria's Stara Zagora