Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead
- » Warnings Issued for All Bulgarian Regions as Cold Spell Continues