Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » Code Yellow Issued in 15 Bulgarian Districts
- » EU Mulls Abandoning Carbon Tax For Intercontinental Flights
- » Bulgaria's Municipalities to Launch Eco Projects Worth BGN 180M
- » Two Light Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria
- » 4.5 Earthquake Shakes Romania’s Vrancea
- » Bulgarian Environment Minister Praises Controversial Green Policies