Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » Bulgaria MPs Revoke Beach Camping Ban in 2nd Reading
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Wind Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow in Northern Bulgaria over Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria's MPs Revoke Ban on Beach Camping
- » Lukoil Bulgaria Refinery to Get Fined over Air Pollution
- » Bulgaria Warns of Intensive Rainfall in Southern Regions on Thursday