Indian Summer Brings 5 Temperature Records to Bulgaria
5 new temperature records were set and one more equalled in Bulgaria Saturday, as warm weather has continued well into the fall.
The locations with records were all along Bulgaria's Black Sea coast: Ahtopol (21.4 degrees Centigrade) and Burgas (24.2 C) in the south, cape Emine (22.4 C) in the central part, and Shabla (22.2 C) and cape Kaliakra (21 C) in the north.
The city of Montana in western Bulgaria, on the other hand, had its 21.8 C record equalled.
Sunday will also be warm and mostly sunny, say forecasters from Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Highs across the country will remain around 20 C and no precipitation is expected through Tuesday.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures