Pironkova Loses TOC Semi-Final to Wozniacki
Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki eliminated Bulgarian Tsvetana Pironkova at the Tournament of the Champions semi-final in Sofia Saturday.
The first set was dramatic and highly contested, but the Dane managed to finally pull it off with 6:4.
In the second set, a trauma Pironkova had suffered set in, hindering the game of the Bulgarian, with Wozniacki easily winning with 6:1.
An audience of 8,000 spectators had assembled in Sofia's Arena Armeets for the game.
The second semi-final of the Qatar Airways TOC in Sofia is between Russian Nadia Petrova and Italian Roberta Vinci.
The winner from the match will face Wozniacki at the final Sunday.
- » Bulgaria’s Stiliyan Petrov Plays Charity Match for Leukemia
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Haase in Indian Wells
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match