Pironkova Loses TOC Semi-Final to Wozniacki
Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki eliminated Bulgarian Tsvetana Pironkova at the Tournament of the Champions semi-final in Sofia Saturday.
The first set was dramatic and highly contested, but the Dane managed to finally pull it off with 6:4.
In the second set, a trauma Pironkova had suffered set in, hindering the game of the Bulgarian, with Wozniacki easily winning with 6:1.
An audience of 8,000 spectators had assembled in Sofia's Arena Armeets for the game.
The second semi-final of the Qatar Airways TOC in Sofia is between Russian Nadia Petrova and Italian Roberta Vinci.
The winner from the match will face Wozniacki at the final Sunday.
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round