Pironkova Loses TOC Semi-Final to Wozniacki
Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki eliminated Bulgarian Tsvetana Pironkova at the Tournament of the Champions semi-final in Sofia Saturday.
The first set was dramatic and highly contested, but the Dane managed to finally pull it off with 6:4.
In the second set, a trauma Pironkova had suffered set in, hindering the game of the Bulgarian, with Wozniacki easily winning with 6:1.
An audience of 8,000 spectators had assembled in Sofia's Arena Armeets for the game.
The second semi-final of the Qatar Airways TOC in Sofia is between Russian Nadia Petrova and Italian Roberta Vinci.
The winner from the match will face Wozniacki at the final Sunday.
- » Bulgaria to Host ATP 250 Tournament in Sofia in February 2016
- » Sofia City Court Upholds Insolvency of CSKA Football Club
- » Bulgaria Drops Ten Positions to 78th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Bulgarian Becomes First Vegan to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Boyan Petrov Becomes First Bulgarian to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Voted Best Player in Russian Premier League for September