Wages in Bulgaria to Grow by 4% in 2013 - Study
Salaries in Bulgaria are set to grow with around 4% or a little above, according to data presented at an HR forum in Sofia
Analysts also said that Bulgarian businesses are expected to become ever more realistic in their forecasts for salary growth.
A gap in the rate of payment between Sofia and larger cities on the one hand, and smaller towns on the other, is set to be preserved and even deepen.
According to the data, the pharmaceutical business in Bulgaria is among the most balanced in terms of balance between expected and real growth in wages - 6.2% against 7.1%.
On the other hand, the services sector has marked the highest salary growth - 9%.
As a whole however, the IT and pharmaceutical sectors retain the hightest salaries in Bulgaria.
In 2013, the levels and importance of bonuses as part of remuneration will increase, says the study.
- » ECB Raises Eurozone Growth Outlook
- » New Europe Bridge Increased Bulgaria-Romania Turnover
- » EC Puts Italy, France on Economic Watch-List, Praises Spain
- » Eurozone Records Slight Growth in Q4 2013 - Eurostat
- » Bulgarian Municipalities Demand 2-3% of Personal Income Tax
- » Rosatom Vows Regular Nuclear Fuel Supplies despite Ukraine Crisis