Bulgarians Commemorate Archangel's All Souls' Day
Bulgarian Orthodox Christians are commemorating Saturday their dead in one of the four great feasts devoted to the departed.
Known as All Souls' Days, those are the days that Orthodox Christians participate in ceremonies remembering the dead, and giving gifts.
Archangel's All Souls' Day falls on the Saturday before the Feast of Archangel Michael, November 8.
It is also dubbed "Great All Souls' Day," and recalls the care taken by angels for the souls of the departed.
In Bulgaria, it is also especially devoted to the souls of fallen warriors and all those who died for the good of the country.
At the Military Cemetary in Sofia, Bulgarian Ministry of Defense Gen Anyu Angelov and Chief of Staff Gen Simeon Simeonov will take part in a special serivce.
- » Night of Scientists Hosted By Pleven Medical University
- » CineLibri 2016 To Present Frédéric Beigbeder,Arnon Grunberg, Catherine Bernstein, Jiri Menzel
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea