Bulgarians Commemorate Archangel's All Souls' Day
Bulgarian Orthodox Christians are commemorating Saturday their dead in one of the four great feasts devoted to the departed.
Known as All Souls' Days, those are the days that Orthodox Christians participate in ceremonies remembering the dead, and giving gifts.
Archangel's All Souls' Day falls on the Saturday before the Feast of Archangel Michael, November 8.
It is also dubbed "Great All Souls' Day," and recalls the care taken by angels for the souls of the departed.
In Bulgaria, it is also especially devoted to the souls of fallen warriors and all those who died for the good of the country.
At the Military Cemetary in Sofia, Bulgarian Ministry of Defense Gen Anyu Angelov and Chief of Staff Gen Simeon Simeonov will take part in a special serivce.
- » Emergency Medical Aid To Be Provided Within 30 Minutes
- » Bulgaria's Nuclear Institute: New Cyclotron To Become Operational in 2 Years
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Begin Every Session with National Anthem
- » Bulgarian MPs Approve Aid for Unemployed Who Find Work Far from Hometown
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St Demetrius
- » Bulgaria's President: New Education Models Must Reflect Migration, Demographic Problems