Bulgarians Commemorate Archangel's All Souls' Day
Bulgarian Orthodox Christians are commemorating Saturday their dead in one of the four great feasts devoted to the departed.
Known as All Souls' Days, those are the days that Orthodox Christians participate in ceremonies remembering the dead, and giving gifts.
Archangel's All Souls' Day falls on the Saturday before the Feast of Archangel Michael, November 8.
It is also dubbed "Great All Souls' Day," and recalls the care taken by angels for the souls of the departed.
In Bulgaria, it is also especially devoted to the souls of fallen warriors and all those who died for the good of the country.
At the Military Cemetary in Sofia, Bulgarian Ministry of Defense Gen Anyu Angelov and Chief of Staff Gen Simeon Simeonov will take part in a special serivce.
- » Bulgarians Are Among People Who Hate Their Government
- » Bulgaria Sets 2015 Poverty Line At BGN 286
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Doctors, Teachers Suffer Highest Levels of Work Related Stress
- » Japanese Drummers Yamato To Perform In Sofia Again