Car Kills Bulgarian Teen Father in Cyprus
A 17-year-old Bulgarian national, the father of a two-year-old child, found his death in Cyprus after he was run over by a car while trying to cross the street, local media reported.
Arpen Kurpanov was crossing Paphos Road in Limassol when he was struck by a car being driven by a 49-year-old Greek-Cypriot woman.
After being struck by the car, the screech of tyres and a thud was heard as Kurpanov’s body was thrown head-long into a nearby lamp-post.
Emergency services arrived soon after but despite frantic efforts the 17-year-old could not be revived.
The young Bulgarian man was pronounced dead at Limassol General Hospital.
An investigation into the case has been launched.
- » Oscar Pistorius Gets 5 Years In Jail For Killing His Girlfriend
- » Bulgarian Customs Apprehend 5 M Fake Russian Excise Labels
- » Bulgarian Court Rejects Kobliakov Extradition Request from Russia
- » Bulgaria Court to Sit on 'Putin Opponent' Extradition
- » Court Issues Life Sentence for Ghastly Murder in Sofia Park
- » Man Shot Dead Near Downtown Sofia