Car Kills Bulgarian Teen Father in Cyprus
A 17-year-old Bulgarian national, the father of a two-year-old child, found his death in Cyprus after he was run over by a car while trying to cross the street, local media reported.
Arpen Kurpanov was crossing Paphos Road in Limassol when he was struck by a car being driven by a 49-year-old Greek-Cypriot woman.
After being struck by the car, the screech of tyres and a thud was heard as Kurpanov’s body was thrown head-long into a nearby lamp-post.
Emergency services arrived soon after but despite frantic efforts the 17-year-old could not be revived.
The young Bulgarian man was pronounced dead at Limassol General Hospital.
An investigation into the case has been launched.
- » Head of Sofia Regional Court to Resign
- » NW Bulgarian Gangs 'Specialized in People Smuggling'
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Medical Military Academy Gets New Indictment
- » Bulgarian National Shortlisted in Europol Advent Calendar
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe