Car Kills Bulgarian Teen Father in Cyprus
A 17-year-old Bulgarian national, the father of a two-year-old child, found his death in Cyprus after he was run over by a car while trying to cross the street, local media reported.
Arpen Kurpanov was crossing Paphos Road in Limassol when he was struck by a car being driven by a 49-year-old Greek-Cypriot woman.
After being struck by the car, the screech of tyres and a thud was heard as Kurpanov’s body was thrown head-long into a nearby lamp-post.
Emergency services arrived soon after but despite frantic efforts the 17-year-old could not be revived.
The young Bulgarian man was pronounced dead at Limassol General Hospital.
An investigation into the case has been launched.
- » Bulgaria's Border Police Seize BGN 5 M Worth of Cocaine
- » Officials Detained at Bulgaria's Fisheries Agency in EU Funds Misuse Probe
- » Smuggling Ring Uncovered in Bulgaria as Truck Runs Out of Fuel
- » Last-Instance Court to Sit on Bulgarian Ex Spy Chief's 10-Year Sentence
- » Bulgaria Handed over 72 Turkish Nationals in 2016
- » Bulgarian Border Police Officers Taken into Custody amid Corruption Charges