Bulgarians' Deposits Hit New Record at BGN 34.7 B
Deposits of Bulgarians increased to a new record of BGN 34.7 B by September 30, 2012, according to data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
In September 2012, deposits increased by BGN 220 M on the month, compared to a growth of BGN 496 M for September 2011.
In September 2012, deposits of Bulgarians increased by BGN 4.2 B, or 13.7%, on the year, part of which was accumulated interests and the majority was new deposits.
Deposits of foreign banks in Bulgaria's banking system fell by BGN 243 M on the month and by BGN 2.09 B on the year to BGN 5.1 B by September 30, 2012.
Company deposits increased by BGN 238 M on the month and by BGN 696 M on the year to a total of BGN 21.7 B by September 30, 2012.
On October 25, Bulgaria's Parliament adopted at first reading provisions stipulating that interests earned from deposits of natural persons will be taxed at 10% as of 2013.
- » Bulgarians Abroad Sent BGN 1 B Back Home in 2016
- » Citizen Deposits in Banks Grow by 6.9% Year-on-Year in August 2016
- » Prices of Cigarettes to Go Up in Bulgaria through 2017
- » Cigarette Prices To Increase in 2017
- » Tax Declarations To Be Filed Electronically As Of 2018
- » BNB Reports Positive Balance Of Payments in July