Bulgarians' Deposits Hit New Record at BGN 34.7 B
Deposits of Bulgarians increased to a new record of BGN 34.7 B by September 30, 2012, according to data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
In September 2012, deposits increased by BGN 220 M on the month, compared to a growth of BGN 496 M for September 2011.
In September 2012, deposits of Bulgarians increased by BGN 4.2 B, or 13.7%, on the year, part of which was accumulated interests and the majority was new deposits.
Deposits of foreign banks in Bulgaria's banking system fell by BGN 243 M on the month and by BGN 2.09 B on the year to BGN 5.1 B by September 30, 2012.
Company deposits increased by BGN 238 M on the month and by BGN 696 M on the year to a total of BGN 21.7 B by September 30, 2012.
On October 25, Bulgaria's Parliament adopted at first reading provisions stipulating that interests earned from deposits of natural persons will be taxed at 10% as of 2013.
- » State Ventures To Invest 50% of 2016 Profits on Behalf of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Debt Grows by EUR 2.1238 in 2016
- » Local Taxes May Be Paid to Sofia Municipality As Of February 1
- » State Debt Decreases in EU, Bulgaria in Q3 2016
- » Bulgaria Posts 46.4% Drop in FDI in Jan-Nov 2016
- » BSE: Six New Companies Join SEE Link Indices