Bulgarians' Deposits Hit New Record at BGN 34.7 B
Deposits of Bulgarians increased to a new record of BGN 34.7 B by September 30, 2012, according to data of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
In September 2012, deposits increased by BGN 220 M on the month, compared to a growth of BGN 496 M for September 2011.
In September 2012, deposits of Bulgarians increased by BGN 4.2 B, or 13.7%, on the year, part of which was accumulated interests and the majority was new deposits.
Deposits of foreign banks in Bulgaria's banking system fell by BGN 243 M on the month and by BGN 2.09 B on the year to BGN 5.1 B by September 30, 2012.
Company deposits increased by BGN 238 M on the month and by BGN 696 M on the year to a total of BGN 21.7 B by September 30, 2012.
On October 25, Bulgaria's Parliament adopted at first reading provisions stipulating that interests earned from deposits of natural persons will be taxed at 10% as of 2013.
- » Bulgaria C-Bank to Unveil Supervision Boosting Measures by End-September
- » Amendments to Bulgaria’s Bank Insolvency Act Pass 2nd Reading in Parliament
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Endorses Proposed C-Bank Deputy Governors
- » Bulgaria MPs to Vote on Appointment of C-Bank Deputy Governors
- » Bulgaria’s May Gross Foreign Debt Down 4% from 2014
- » Banking Supervision in Bulgaria 'Not Strictly Applied' in Past Years